Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Bleacher collapse
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 8:22 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
We all want Mosiach. We all need ahavat chinam. And still there is a mitzvah ' ve nishmartem'. No way you can circumvent it.

Yes, we need to be careful to the max.

However, there have been thousands such gatherings over the years. Many were probably not so safe. This NEVER happened. In meron and what happened now, both happened while there was holy dancing and happiness and then people fell and were crushed. Everyone was on a kedusha high and then all at once fell into deep mourning.

I believe there is a huge message other than safety that Hashem wants us to hear.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 8:34 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

However, there have been thousands such gatherings over the years. Many were probably not so safe. This NEVER happened. In meron and what happened now, both happened while there was holy dancing and happiness and then people fell and were crushed. Everyone was on a kedusha high and then all at once fell into deep mourning.

I believe there is a huge message other than safety that Hashem wants us to hear.

Agree with you in all. And still we need to know that because its didn't happen in the past we can count on that it won't happen in the future. I'm upset because Merion was less than a month ago. How many more asonot Chas ve challia Lo aleinu are needed before we finally get that hishtadlout IS important?!

etky

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 9:03 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

This particular scenario may never have happened but there were countless Corona outbreaks as a result of unsafe smachot and other gatherings, as a result of which many people also died, albeit in a much less dramatic manner.
I don't purport to understand what message Hashem is sending. All I know is that we have to do our hishtadlut in all areas of health and safety without being distracted by contemplating other possible messages.

DrMom

Post Wed, May 19 2021, 9:11 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Please stop posting unfounded rumors.

I posted this on p.4 of this thread:

This article and accompanying video suggest that the upper bleachers were not even finished - they were just tied to the existing structure with twisted wire. Nothing was screwed down.

https://www.ynetnews.com/magaz.....CsJYO

Quote:
...police decided to leave the investigation of the incident in the hands of the Tel Aviv District Anti-Corruption Unit.

One person documented the sloppy construction of the bleacher at the venue. The section that collapsed was an extension built from wooden beams and tied with iron wire to a bleacher that was already installed in the venue.

"Nothing is connected or tied together, there are no screws. That's the extension that fell," the man can be heard saying in the footage. Other documentation from the place shows children taking part in the construction of the makeshift bleacher.

There is a video showing the evidence of this in the article I linked. I cannot post the video.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed