Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Already spoiled? Update
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
A big thank you to the women who answered nicely and respectfully. I appreciate it.

Like I said, he is not hungry. He was happy and content right before. Then he got woken up and will only go back to sleep by sucking on me for 1 minute. He's not even swallowing.

Is there a pacifier brand similar to me??? Would definitely try it. I have tried a few different brands/shapes.

Did you try putting some of your milk on the paci before you gave it to him? Sometimes that helps, and sometimes you just have to keep trying. He may hate the paci today, and take it happily tomorrow. Don't give up so easily.

This article might be helpful. https://www.experiencedmommy.c.....bies/

If he's waking up suddenly and wants a quick sip, he may have silent reflux. Throwing up isn't the only sign.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 1:07 pm
It could be the closeness to you combined with the sucking. Did you consider a baby carrier or wrap? So he can feel your warmth and heartbeat and combine that with a pacifier

Teomima

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 1:17 pm
I will echo everyone else by saying there is no such thing as a spoiled infant.
If he's not even drinking it might just be the closeness. Have you tried putting him in a baby carrier? Being that close to you, smelling you, maybe even being able to place his cheek against your bare skin? Does he calm down if you do skin-to-skin kangaroo care without offering him the breast? Babies spend nine months inside of us, hearing our heartbeats and smelling our smell, sometimes they just need a little longer to be ready to really be outside (the so-called 4th trimester).

MrsDash

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 2:16 pm
Just be happy that you having nursing to soothe him. My youngest had terrible colic, and there was nothing in the world that would calm his cries.

tichellady

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 2:26 pm
Sounds like a normal baby. Newborns are really hard! They want mommy all day and night long!

dena613

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 4:54 pm
If you nurse baby every2-3 hours and he's crying in between out of tiredness,
Try dr. Harvey karps method. The5 Ss.
Works for babies who refuse pacis, too. (Skip the suck)

Sara255

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:32 pm
1. Maybe he does have reflux but the type where the baby feels gassy and doesn't spit up much.
2. He probably needs to be taught self soothing behaviors .. it sounds like he is tired. It's hard to get out of that cycle once you're in it but I think there are plenty of gentle methods to use to foster better sleep cycles and self soothing. I used baby wise with two of my kids and it worked but I would recommend something easier for such a young baby. Maybe Janet Lansbury or similar has something that can help.
3. You are not crazy for needing a solution to this. It's frustrating because you see it's not even good for the baby and he's not satisfied. Plus, most women can't stop their entire lives to be a human pacifier and it's a heavy mental burden. Ignore people who think you are a cow and pacifier with no needs allowed until your children are grown. 😐

momof2+?

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:56 pm
I am my baby’s pacifier too and my baby is almost 10 months. I am in the middle of training her to fall asleep on her own (and not while nursing.) It is tough bec she doesn’t take a pacifier. All my other kids took one. This is your baby’s way of calming down. If you would be trying to put to sleep your pacifier - taking child without his pacifier (it’s lost, or whatever, ) you would understand why the child would put up a fuss. Sorry it’s tough.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 9:08 pm
It seems to me that a large part of the issue is that you think you need to run to the car to nurse. If you bring a nursing cover with you, that 1 minute of nursing won't be so disruptive.

I personally am happy that nursing is comforting for my baby. When baby is sick and nursing constantly (getting fluids!), or overtired and cranky (sleepy juice!), or just clingy (imamother while nursing, hooray!) I can't think of a better alternative.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 9:15 pm
Didn't read everything. But did you try the mam pacifier. Its a lifesaver.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 1:42 am
Op here I came back to update

My baby is now 5 months kh and I'm still having the exact same problem. There is no way to calm him down or put him to sleep unless I am nursing. He just gets more and more hysterical. I literally have tried everything and I'm losing my mind. Rosh hashana was extremely hard. All he needs is to suck on me for a minute and he falls asleep.
Another problem is that he doesn't stay sleeping long, again I think he just needs to suck but won't take a pacifier.

Ay and all advice appreciated.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 1:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My baby is now 5 months kh and I'm still having the exact same problem. There is no way to calm him down or put him to sleep unless I am nursing. He just gets more and more hysterical. I literally have tried everything and I'm losing my mind. Rosh hashana was extremely hard. All he needs is to suck on me for a minute and he falls asleep.
Another problem is that he doesn't stay sleeping long, again I think he just needs to suck but won't take a pacifier.

It's possible it's silent reflux, I know you said it's definitely not the spitting up kind. It sounds like pain, I would rule everything out, allergies, gas, not latching well etc...

Rappel

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 2:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Hmmm....You said he's not your first, so you already know what hunger, gas etc look like. Because my first thought is "maybe he's hungry, and tired."

I would check silent GERD. He might also just feel very happy and safe around you. A pacifier dipped in fresh-pumped milk, or similarly a bottle, may allow your husband to rock him to sleep while you get to rest.

Either way, I hope you're sleeping and taking care of yourself. If it comes to it: no one ever suffered from a sandwich chag. Focus on the important things, and when you got a good groove you can try to bring your household back to standard.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 2:23 am
Rappel wrote:
Hmmm....You said he's not your first, so you already know what hunger, gas etc look like. Because my first thought is "maybe he's hungry, and tired."

I would check silent GERD. He might also just feel very happy and safe around you. A pacifier dipped in fresh-pumped milk, or similarly a bottle, may allow your husband to rock him to sleep while you get to rest.

Either way, I hope you're sleeping and taking care of yourself. If it comes to it: no one ever suffered from a sandwich chag. Focus on the important things, and when you got a good groove you can try to bring your household back to standard.

Thanks so much.
I wrote that I tried everything and I'm not exaggerating. It's not nearly my first.
I've given pumped milk. Supplemented formula. HE IS NOT HUNGRY. His weigt gain is kh above average.
I've taken him to the dr. I've given him camomile tea and supplements for colic. I've given him Tylenol. I keep trying the pacifier to no avail. At wits end
Nothing works. All he wants is to suck on my bxxb ALL DAY LONG.
I have other kids, I love him dearly but it's come to a point where he's playing happily and if I walk in to the room he starts screaming because he wants his pacifier... me...

sarahph1

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 2:29 am
Uyy that sounds so so hard
I'm sorry
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics