Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
How to cook baby potatoes (whole) for shabbos ?

artsy

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 2:28 am
So they will be flavorful and soft but not very oily?
What should I put on them? covered or uncovered? for how long?

Ridethewaves

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 3:36 am
Here’s a great one from kosher.com https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-7990

4g01o

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 5:24 am
I preheat the oven to 200, season the potatoes with salt (I use herbemare) , garlic powder and generous amount of paprika. Drizzle of oil. I put on a glove and mix it, rub it all in well. Put in preheated oven, uncovered fir 30-40 mins.

watergirl

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 6:35 am
I keep this very simple and it is so delicious.

Olive oil, salt, cracked pepper in top. Go heavy on the salt and pepper, trust me. ROAST at 425 until done, tossing half way through.

cholentfan1

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 6:47 am
I did for yom tov now the classic mayo and onion soup mix, which always goes down well (I don't do it often as it's not great health wise)-in a bowl mix some mayo, onion soup mix, bit of mustard and honey, any other spices you want (I usually only do salt and garlic) and then mix it into the potatoes. Cook covered for about an hour, mix and then cook uncovered to crisp them up.

Teomima

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 7:45 am
I prefer to parboil potatoes then finish them off in the oven. That way they get cooked through but aren't roasting forever and don't need tons of oil, just enough to crisp up the skins.

This works for large cubed or peeled baby potatoes, too. But with those you should rough them up a bit after boiling and they get super crunchy on the outside.

4g01o

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 8:11 am
Teomima wrote:
I prefer to parboil potatoes then finish them off in the oven. That way they get cooked through but aren't roasting forever and don't need tons of oil, just enough to crisp up the skins.

This works for large cubed or peeled baby potatoes, too. But with those you should rough them up a bit after boiling and they get super crunchy on the outside.

I used to parboil them first but haven't for years, easier and we like them better this way. Mine only need half an hour in the oven.

naomi2

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 8:35 am
Fab4 wrote:
I preheat the oven to 200, season the potatoes with salt (I use herbemare) , garlic powder and generous amount of paprika. Drizzle of oil. I put on a glove and mix it, rub it all in well. Put in preheated oven, uncovered fir 30-40 mins.

I think the temperature might be a mistake or is it Celsius? 200 farenheit just keeps food warm. I just don't want op to have raw potatoes. Seasoning sounds delicious πŸ˜‹

4g01o

Post Fri, May 21 2021, 8:37 am
naomi2 wrote:
I think the temperature might be a mistake? I just don't want op to have raw potatoes. Seasoning sounds delicious πŸ˜‹

On my oven it's 200 something (must be Celsius) πŸ™ˆ could be 400 for other ovens. I put most things on 180 and this needs hotter. I also forgot to mention that I cut my baby potatoes in half unless they're the very tiny ones.

It has a small circle and big C next to the temperature dial.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus