Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Rabbi Binyamin Strauss

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 12:07 pm
Anyone have the cell phone number to Rabbi Binyamin Strauss ( I was told he helps you with yeshiva options).

rsmey

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 5:32 pm
Rabbi Strauss 732-370-2874. This is the number we've used. Not sure if it's a cell or not. Leave a message and he calls back

Kumphort

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 5:39 pm
Rsmey was he helpful to you?
Does he only know yeshivas in the tri state area. If someone needs a less yeshivish Yeshiva is he still a good resource?

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 5:49 pm
Not OP, but he's definitely on top of yeshivos out of the tri-state area, and of all levels of yeshivishness. I don't think he gives out his cell phone #. You call his home # and leave a message and keep reminding him until he gets back to you.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 6:43 pm
He was very helpful for us. We are a yeshivish family but our son was anti yeshivish at the time. R’ Strauss recommended the perfect yeshiva for our son. A place I would have never thought of on my own... BH our son is very happy there. We are so thankful as this (pre teen) age is so delicate and a wrong Yeshivah placement could cause years of damage ch’vs. I highly recommend R’ Strauss.

Kumphort

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 6:52 pm
How does he work? Do you and your son meet him? Just talk over the phone? Does he test ur son to see his actual learning skill or just take your word? Does he charge does he only suggest places or also helps to get in?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 05 2020, 7:03 pm
Kumphort wrote:
How does he work? Do you and your son meet him? Just talk over the phone? Does he test ur son to see his actual learning skill or just take your word? Does he charge does he only suggest places or also helps to get in?

He is exceptionally nice and does not charge!
Sometimes he can guide you over the phone. If he doesn’t quite get your son he will ask you to bring him over to his house. He meets with the boy and parent in his basement.
He doesn’t test them on what they are learning... that’s what the schools do.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 11:24 am
Bumping this up. Has anyone spoken to him for elementary age yeshivas? Chassidish? Was he able to helpful?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 11:29 am
as far as I know, he helped us with mesivta, not cheder

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 11:59 am
Also have heard of him for mesivtas...

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 12:01 pm
Is there anyone who does this for Cheder?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 12:51 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Bumping this up. Has anyone spoken to him for elementary age yeshivas? Chassidish? Was he able to helpful?

My husband asked him advice before we sent my youngest son to a well known Cheder in Lakewood- he advised very well- practical advice
But it was for a litvish Cheder. Can’t hurt to call him- I’m sure by now he’s familiar with every place that exists for boys - but yes, his expertise is guidance for mesivta/high school age

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:18 pm
How does he have time and resources to do this without charging? What’s his day job? So happy ppl have this available sounds like Ana amazing service.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 1:28 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
My husband asked him advice before we sent my youngest son to a well known Cheder in Lakewood- he advised very well- practical advice
But it was for a litvish Cheder. Can’t hurt to call him- I’m sure by now he’s familiar with every place that exists for boys - but yes, his expertise is guidance for mesivta/high school age
Thank you, ill give him a try.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics