Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Cicadas
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 12:47 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Omgggg I know you meant well. But 95% of women will not find that cool. I’m done my lunch now. Please remove those pictures.

You may want to edit your post now so you don't ruin other people's lunches, considering you reposted my pictures. Smile

amother
Silver

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 2:12 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
You may want to edit your post now so you don't ruin other people's lunches, considering you reposted my pictures. Smile

Done. Thanks!

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 2:28 pm
I remember in high school taking a flight and landing somewhere during cicada season. The cicadas were literally banging all over the plane, like a rainstorm of bugs. I was very happy that it was just a connecting flight and I didn't have to leave the airport!

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Also from Baltimore. Lived through it 17 years ago and 34 years ago. I'm sorry, but I think the hype is excessive. It's not makkas arbeh. They are definitely around a lot on the sidewalks, and yes, they may fly onto you accidentally, but you can walk and talk and drive and do whatever else you want to do.

Agree I've lived in Baltimore all my life, this is 3rd cycle I'm experiencing. It's a little gross and the noise can be annoying but it is not that awful as some people are making it out to be. Yesterday I was out most of the day. I think I had to brush off a cicada a total of 3x. That was it.

MrsDash

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 4:45 pm
In Baltimore, later in the season, or even the next season, we would use their shells to scare the living hell out of any adult! LOL

*ETA - (Obviously I'm talking about the 80s and 90s!)

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 4:59 pm
Thank you for posting the pictures. They are cool.
Love pictures. And the pictures of swarms are amazing.
But I don’t want actual bugs near me and I find the sound overwhelming.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 5:00 pm
And BTW it's raining today with nary a cicada around.
The shells are mostly around trees or wooden surfaces. So just stay away from those and really no big deal.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 5:50 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Posting this anonymously because I posted this on my Facebook the other day and I don’t like to say where I live under my username. This is a picture of a cicada coming out of its exoskeleton. Very very cool.

(ETA I put a spoiler warning to hide this because apparently a picture of Hashem's nissim and niflaos spoiled someone's lunch. Although someone who wishes to avoid a thread about what we in Baltimore are looking at day in and day out for 6 weeks may also chose not to enter a thread called CICADAS Wink
Hidden: 

Thanks for posting the pictures. Amazing.

I kinda remember standing on exoskeletons and the mess in the driveway and the noise. (Westchester NY) But I dont recall anything as bad as the Baltimoreons describing.
I appreciate the pictures!
Mah rabu masecha Hashem!!
( even as I say eww!)
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries