Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Serial in the ami- chava and shulem
  Previous  1  2  3 27 28  29  30  Next

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 10:29 am
This story will take a turn for the better as soon as Chava goes for help and starts pulling herself together and learns to get empowered. Sitting in her apt and wallowing in self pity avoiding all social interactions without a job is not helping her.

This is the universal message to women especially married ones and especially enmeshed in complicated relationships, the only person you could help and change is yourself, life is about choices, we live with the pros and cons of our choices.

Staying in a relationship and whining throughout and running back to the same ppl (lawyer, Kallah teacher) butt not following their guidance (GET HELP!) the roadblock shes at in my humble opinion. Her victimhood is annoying.

smilethere2

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:33 pm
Thanks for giving me hope!
Was not enjoying this plot- especially not shabbos reading material!

Chaya123

Post Sun, Oct 31 2021, 11:44 pm
No more discussion on this? I feel like it's just shlepping now but have to come here and vent that Chava's father is so controlling! Yes, he means well but is just so clueless and making believe Shalom doesn't exist and no need to even ask his opinion on anything. On the other hand, he's footing these expensive bills that Chava is incurring including the psychiatrist apptmts and she could never manage without him!

kenz

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:04 am
Chaya123 wrote:
No more discussion on this? I feel like it's just shlepping now but have to come here and vent that Chava's father is so controlling! Yes, he means well but is just so clueless and making believe Shalom doesn't exist and no need to even ask his opinion on anything. On the other hand, he's footing these expensive bills that Chava is incurring including the psychiatrist apptmts and she could never manage without him!

The whole story is beyond infuriating. There’s not one redeeming character. Chava and Shalom are awful, her parents are awful, Shifra and Miri are awful, Chava’s friends are awful. I can’t believe how people are still invested in this story. And what’s more infuriating is that I keep reading it too!

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:04 am
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
They won't divorce. Jewish stories especially in magazines don't end that way.
no they take years with basically the same thing happening every week and then they live happily ever after! This story takes the cake however chavas parents get upset at her she makes up with them and explains things to them then shalom apologises to chava and they kiss and make up and everything is good. then shalom messes up her tries controlling her again and chava doesnt no what to do she gets into a fight with them -cliffhanger- next week she makes up with them and explains things to them then shalom apologises to chava and they kiss and make up and everything is good. then shalom messes up her tries controlling her again and chava doesnt no what to do she gets into a fight with them! Again!

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:11 am
Oh my goodness!!! Is this story still going on???

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:06 am
Chaya123 wrote:

If the story ended, there would be no discussion. So they keep it going...

The author is trying to keep the readers in suspense, so every week another person is dysfunctional. I don't believe it will end with black and white clear views as who did what wrong. Basically only how Chava is going to make changes and move forward ...

I read it for entertainment purposes. No way such relationships even make sense in real life...

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 7:18 am
Stopped reading it weekly long ago…was a guest for shabbos recently and was flipping through the ami living. Read the installment that week and realized I didn’t miss a thing from where I had left off.

freilich

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 7:23 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
This story will take a turn for the better as soon as Chava goes for help and starts pulling herself together and learns to get empowered. Sitting in her apt and wallowing in self pity avoiding all social interactions without a job is not helping her.

This is the universal message to women especially married ones and especially enmeshed in complicated relationships, the only person you could help and change is yourself, life is about choices, we live with the pros and cons of our choices.

Staying in a relationship and whining throughout and running back to the same ppl (lawyer, Kallah teacher) butt not following their guidance (GET HELP!) the roadblock shes at in my humble opinion. Her victimhood is annoying.

Hold it! Not so fast. Even when she starts therapy it will take a while, as the therapist and her where not a good fit...oh well.

Chloe22

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:59 am
They should just get divorced.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 9:34 am
kgh180 wrote:
They should just get divorced.

Her parents will still be controlling!

They need to learn boundaries first Smile

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 10:32 am
It's the kind of story that I stop reading for weeks and then when I buy the magazine again- I haven't missed out on much.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Dec 20 2021, 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Mintgreen

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 11:52 am
The story is so stupid cause it's literally a one sided story. Chavas personal diary in other words.
Where are shaloms parents in this whole picture? Why does she even hate shifra? Just to add drama to the story. There was nevr any mention a specific reason why she hates her.
What's happening with shalom while he's in prison? Where's his side of the story?
Where is chavas rest of her family? Only she and miri exist?
And what im wondering the most is at this point in the story how long are they even married? How many months are they in Israel already? Never mentioned anything!
There probably won't be a decent ending just like the original story had a really unexpected stupid ending. Why do u think the author had to continue the story?! Her inbox was probably flooded with disappointed readers!!

little neshamala

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:13 pm
I really think chava should get pregnant. With twins. Just to stir things up

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:16 pm
amother [ Mintgreen ] wrote:
The story is so stupid cause it's literally a one sided story. Chavas personal diary in other words.
Where are shaloms parents in this whole picture? Why does she even hate shifra? Just to add drama to the story. There was nevr any mention a specific reason why she hates her.
What's happening with shalom while he's in prison? Where's his side of the story?
Where is chavas rest of her family? Only she and miri exist?
And what im wondering the most is at this point in the story how long are they even married? How many months are they in Israel already? Never mentioned anything!
There probably won't be a decent ending just like the original story had a really unexpected stupid ending. Why do u think the author had to continue the story?! Her inbox was probably flooded with disappointed readers!!

Iirc when she arrived In Israel she had to stay in Shifras apartment under house arrest.
SHIFRA is the one who started treating her very nastily. I don't think she started off hating shifra. It was shifra who took out her anxiety somehow blaming it on Chava. I don't think Chava was ever as mean to shifra as shifra was to her.

I think the sentence was one year?

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 12:16 pm
little neshamala wrote:
I really think chava should get pregnant. With twins. Just to stir things up

But shalom is in prison and she missed the furlough. Oops.

imamommy5

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:33 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
But shalom is in prison and she missed the furlough. Oops.
she managed to become pregnant while at shifras apartment with zero privacy! Anyone else notice that?

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:40 pm
imamommy5 wrote:
she managed to become pregnant while at shifras apartment with zero privacy! Anyone else notice that?

She was staying there for long term. Should they not have s-x the entire time?!

amother
Latte

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 1:55 pm
She found out when she was there, she obviously got pregnant before they left for Israel.

fiji

Post Fri, Dec 10 2021, 3:00 pm
Can someone post a recap of this weeks chapter?
Page 28 of 30   Previous  1  2  3 27 28  29  30  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room