Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Doula for twins Brooklyn area

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 5:27 pm
I'm looking to hire a doula for a twin birth.

I need someone who can be hands on but really kind and intuitive.

Can you recommend someone and tell me a little about her why you liked her?

Also if you used one for twins did you find it more necessary than by a single birth?

Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 9:43 pm
Bump... anyone got suggestions?

gamanit

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 9:52 pm
PM me 😊

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 10:47 pm
Was going to get a doula for my twin birth since I had had one by my previous birth...however since my doctor told me that epidural was important for me to take this time with twins- in case of an emergency cesarean. And I was going to deliver in an operating room regardless, I didn't end up booking one. Was good that I didn't take a doula because I ended up having literally ten people in the room to help me out.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 10:49 pm
Leah ringel is fantastic,
718-851-3059

amother
Oak

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 10:55 pm
Miriam wasserlauf is also excellent, she officially comes down to you beforehand and meets you, talks to you and hears your needs.
1917-577-2274

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 24 2021, 10:56 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Was going to get a doula for my twin birth since I had had one by my previous birth...however since my doctor told me that epidural was important for me to take this time with twins- in case of an emergency cesarean. And I was going to deliver in an operating room regardless, I didn't end up booking one. Was good that I didn't take a doula because I ended up having literally ten people in the room to help me out.

I was going to say the exact same. Are you close you your due date? If not there is no way to know what position they’ll be in by birth. It can keep changing almost till the end. Even if they are both head down most doctors will want an epidural in case of emergency. Mine were a bit early and very tiny so we had even more than ten people there. There would probably not even be place for her to stand.
That was my experience. I wonder if all twin births are so hectic. My single births were always so calm with my husband one doctor and one nurse.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:09 am
Meryl Leah Albukerk is really good!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:14 am
A large percentage of multiples births end in c-sections so you don’t really need a doula around.
Also I had so quickly that the doula would probably have still been washing negel vasser when baby A was out.
Twins are always delivered in the operating room so I had like 20 people in there... enough support..

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:47 am
ok thanks so much everyone for your input.

I'm at 27 weeks so there's certainly time for them to keep moving around and I don't know what position they'll be in and whether I'll need a Csection. My dr. says that as long as Baby A is in good position then we can do natural.

I hear you all about having lots of people in the operating room. I thought that a doula serves a different role then the nurses there, specifically helping and supporting the birthing but I don't know myself but I guess I don't know enough... this will also be my first birth so trying to figure this all out.

Regarding epidural, I am planning to do an epidural if natural works out. But does that mean that a doula isn't necessary? I thought people take epidurals and doulas too...

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 11:48 am
gamanit wrote:
PM me 😊

thank you, I may do that Smile

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:08 pm
Rochel vail is amazing. Very intuitive. She was very hands on for my sister (what she needed) and hands off with me (what I needed).

I was very happy she was there.

A doula serves a different function than nurses, dr. She was my advocate and support, helping me with things before they were on my radar. She also helped a lot after the birth. I find that hospital staff are often overworked and don't have the time and/or patience to help on a personal level.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:39 pm
If you are not resistant to an epidural then I don’t think you need a doula. Try to think what you would’ve done if it would’ve been one baby that will give you some sort of an idea if you should take one. Some times the epidural doesn’t really work as in you are not numb enough so a doula is still helpful but for pre op prep I believe I got a much larger dose and was really numb and very comfortable. I did have to push using my brain rather than my body but I had to push very little so it was ok. When it comes to my care I’m confident and assertive so I never saw a need for a doula. If you are shy or don’t like or trust your doctor or there is a language barrier I can see needing an advocate otherwise your husband can be there for you.
Most likely what happens is that you’re admitted given a strong epidural and chill till it’s time to deliver. Then you daven that it doesn’t turn into an emergency c.
Did anyone with twins have a doula?
Also did anyone’s doctor allow them to labor and give birth without an epidural?

gamanit

Post Tue, May 25 2021, 12:49 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
If you are not resistant to an epidural then I don’t think you need a doula. Try to think what you would’ve done if it would’ve been one baby that will give you some sort of an idea if you should take one. Some times the epidural doesn’t really work as in you are not numb enough so a doula is still helpful but for pre op prep I believe I got a much larger dose and was really numb and very comfortable. I did have to push using my brain rather than my body but I had to push very little so it was ok. When it comes to my care I’m confident and assertive so I never saw a need for a doula. If you are shy or don’t like or trust your doctor or there is a language barrier I can see needing an advocate otherwise your husband can be there for you.
Most likely what happens is that you’re admitted given a strong epidural and chill till it’s time to deliver. Then you daven that it doesn’t turn into an emergency c.
Did anyone with twins have a doula?
Also did anyone’s doctor allow them to labor and give birth without an epidural?

A doula isn't only to help pain management. Doulas also work to help their clients move their labor along. With a client that has an epidural doulas often use acupuncture techniques that help things progress. In addition, epidural isn't only a yes or no. You can ask your doctor if the epidural can wait until you are dilated 6 cm since that decreases the risk of an unnecessary c-section. Even for a c-section many women like having a doula to support them in their role as the birthing mother in the operating room. A doula can also help you set the environment in a way that works for you. Most hospitals allow women to bring along music and other comfort measures. Doulas are also have basic lactation training and can help establish breastfeeding. Even if (like most twins) you do not plan on exclusive breastfeeding, each time you breastfeed you're giving your baby a lot of the benefits.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:55 pm
Highly highly recommend you hire a Doula for so many reasons and I cannot recommend Meryl Leah Albukerk enough 6463457689. I used her for 3 of my births. She is everything a good Doula is and more. Intuitive, calm, warm, a great advocate, and so knowledgable. Hatzlacha and bsha tova

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:44 pm
My twin birth was so quick. I had wanted to get a doula but didn't manage it, bit honestly not sure I would have had time for a doula to help.

Mentioning this because a few people told me that their twin labors and births were the quickest and easiest.

turca

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:03 pm
2 sets of twins. No doula. Dr told me when to blow, when to push, take a break etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries