Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Worn out and need to vent.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 5:34 am
Its been a very long and stressful journey trying to figure out what was wrong with my baby. She recently underwent several procedures and we are still no closer to finding real medical answers as to why she is so miserable. The blood tests said celiac but the biopsy said not. Biopsy said no issues, no allergies but the skin test said yes allergies.
The pediatrician keeps telling me im crazy and to let my kid live life and eat all foods normally. Allergist and GI said to treat her as celiac, fpies and allergies and to keep her off all trigger foods as long as it is working.
Thank god the last 2 weeks have been the best 2 weeks of this poor childs life. No crying, screaming, no visible eczema no indicationthat she is in pain. She is sleeping well and through the night. She is finally starting to reach her milestones but im really struggling without the proper answers and with no real medical diagnosis is this all in my head? Am I torturing my child by not giving her regular food? Is it really fair to her to keep her on such a limited diet?
If I do try the regular foods and she really cant eat it... I dont want to hurt her.
Im currently so confused as to what is best for my daughter. I just want her to be happy and healthy. And im wondering if by being so focused that her pain was gut related since there was no conclusive diagnosis am I overlooking the real problem just bc I want to believe that my poor child who suffered so much already is calmer now.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 5:54 am
So sorry for your child suffering. I’m sure my child is different but I can relate. My ds is allergic to most foods that we typically would eat. I think you are doing the right thing by keeping you baby off of suspicious foods. I would take what doc says with a grain of salt, traditional internal medicine hasn't really caught up with allergies/GI issues yet. Foods that are bad for your child can effect them via allergic reaction, eczema, mental delays, behavioral issues, gut issues, etc, etc. Skin test is more “accurate” than blood test. You may need to find new allergist/holistic dr. If you feel you are not getting the guidance you need. Ive tried a few so far and finally think I may have found someone who could help. I think you should try your best to treat/ alleviate your child's allergies while young especially since you mentioned milestones. People don’t realize how much allergies effect the brain because it is hard to see unless you really pay attention. Good news is kids can “grow out”of allergies sometimes. But I think “growing out” of allergies is really just the child’s body getting healthier and back in balance. Also you could desensitize your child to allergies. Hope this helps you, I know how stressful it can be, but I think it’s worth it for your child.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 6:00 am
A few key notes that I found important are:
1) Eczema is food related despite what some say.
2) heal the gut, bone broth help heal the gut, as well s other special diets
3) no wheat, dairy, corn, soy, processed foods (chemicals). Even if they are not ‘allergic’ at least until you get things under control.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics