Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What do u think of rewarding one kid?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 3:55 pm
2 dd and 2 friends asked for a treat. I said sure clean up. After a min- one kid was complaining her arm hurt (she recently broke it) and other 2 just got lazy and walked away. One dd worked till the end and got it cleaned up. I gave the 3 kids a winky Lolly and other dd a ring pop. Good idea or mean?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 4:00 pm
Did the kids think you were being mean?

If no one is complaining, then it's all good.

(Personally, I prefer the winky pops.)

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 4:01 pm
I think I am really mean then! I wouldn't have given anything to the three that didn't really clean up.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 4:03 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I think I am really mean then! I wouldn't have given anything to the three that didn't really clean up.

I agree. If they were my children they wouldn’t have gotten anything. But I don’t feel like teaching a lesson to the neighbors kids. And in their defense the did clean up a little

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree. If they were my children they wouldn’t have gotten anything. But I don’t feel like teaching a lesson to the neighbors kids. And in their defense the did clean up a little

I hear that- you don't need to be mechanech other kids. But.... I would like to set a precedent in my house- for MY kids to see. To earn something you actually have to earn it!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 4:09 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I hear that- you don't need to be mechanech other kids. But.... I would like to set a precedent in my house- for MY kids to see. To earn something you actually have to earn it!

I think they definitely felt the burn a little seeing the kid with the ring pop

amother
Puce

Post Wed, May 26 2021, 4:27 pm
My kiddies are super little so don't know if same...but am always worried about jealousy so I wouldn't have rewarded just one. I probably would have said "thank you X for helping, everyone can have a lolly. If everyone pitches in a bit, everyone can have ring pops". And just make them pick up some toys or something

But for sure not everyone would agree
In any case, you did give everyone something!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics