Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to clean washing machine rubber ring ?

noidea

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 3:18 pm
Not sure when it happened but I noticed there's a black patch stain a few inches wide bottom of front load washing machine rubber ring. What causes this ? I do loads one after the next straight from washer to dryer all Sunday. How can I get rid of it ? It's grossing me out , tried some cleaning products / brushes with no success
Any ideas please ???

zaq

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 3:44 pm
Mold growth caused by failure to adequately dry the gasket. https://www.puroclean.com/blog.....ines/ and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZbO3_XGam0

Mold can cause permanent staining that can't be removed with bleach. You may want to replace the gasket entirely if it grosses you out. If you're handy, you can follow these directions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOOCWAzFLXY

If not, you'll need to call a repair service.

fcy

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 5:05 pm
I have that and have replaced the gasket but guess what within 6 months it was gross again. I gave up on it. I take a shmatta and wipe it out here and there. There are tablets called affresh that you can run thru the machine sometimes and supposedly cleans it.

zaq

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 6:05 pm
fcy wrote:
I have that and have replaced the gasket but guess what within 6 months it was gross again. I gave up on it. I take a shmatta and wipe it out here and there. There are tablets called affresh that you can run thru the machine sometimes and supposedly cleans it.
. Therein lies your problem: you wipe it out “here and there.” You need to vigorously dry the gasket, and that includes spreading the folds and getting your shmatteh in all the little crevices, after EVERY laundry session. Every.single.time. Like brushing and flossing your teeth, it won’t do you much good if you do it only every now and then.

A sneaky way to dry is to take an old Undershirt or long athletic sock or three and stuff it in the gasket folds all the way around. Leave it to absorb the water for several minutes or longer, then remove. Leave the door open as much as possible. Don’t forget the skinny little fold behind the main fold of the gasket.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry