Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Neve Campus Memories
Previous  1  2  3

shmoosh

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 12:19 pm
Such memories!! I still think my most special memory is the menorah on chanuka and the siblings and dancing after lighting.

amother
Coral

Post Fri, May 28 2021, 1:18 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Thank you so much to those who shared their memories of my grandfather Mr. Vogel. Truly heartwarming especially as he was niftar just last year. His first yahrtzeit was just before shavuos and I will copy your words to my family whom I'm sure will all be happy to see, too.
He and my grandmother loved being there for the girls as some of you mentioned and it's special to hear about it from your end!

I’m sorry to hear he passed. Please let your family know that he and your grandmother (and 2 single aunts at the time) took such good care of us neve girls. They gave us a sense of family and belonging snd care. They were exceptional people. After I got married I took my husband to them for Shabbos and it was like having him meet my parents!

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, May 29 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have so many fond memories of my year in Israel. I attended Bnos Sarah, a BY seminary on Neve campus and loved meeting people from all different backgrounds.

It really added to my experience.

I had a walking partner who was in Midreshet Tehilla and a library friend in Neve.

I also had laundry room buddies who somehow always ended up there at the same time as me. I shared a load of laundry once with a girl in the Israeli Neve program.

Any other amothers who were in school on Neve campus?
I went to Bnos Sarah too! I had a similar experience, I loved becoming friendly with kids from all over.
What year were you there?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, May 29 2021, 8:42 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
No, but I am a grandchild of Mr. Vogel in the kitchen and would love to hear if you or anyone remembers him!

I remember his good nature.
I remember his melodic request accompanied by a smile:

"פּעם שׁניה, anybody? פּעם שׁניה?"

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, May 29 2021, 8:55 pm
raich wrote:
Did he rappel into the classroom through the window?? I always heard he did that and would love to hear about it from someone who saw it!

Chayalle, so true about being fit! I walked all over Yerushalayim. Those Har Nof steps were brutal! But very effective at (somewhat) offsetting all the rugelach calories Laugh

Yes!!! I was there when he rappelled into the window. I think it was rosh chodesh adar. It was in his optional night class in the library.

He taught two optional classes every night. One was on his "permission" books and one started off as his zriah ubinyan books, but he switched to the sefer cheshbon hanefesh. I used to go to both classes but rabbi chakofsky (sp?) Made a rule in October that no one could go to both, we had to choose one...good times...

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, May 29 2021, 8:58 pm
Is Mr. Vogel the one who used to make havdala in the cafeteria? I don't remember who it was who made it, but those havdalas would make me tear up ... (I was there 2004-2005)

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, May 29 2021, 9:00 pm
I was in Shalhevet. I snuck into Rabbi Levi's night class. What a humble tzadik!

I was there in 1994-95. The BC girls were practicing for their production non-stop - to Rabbi Kass's chagrin Not listening

I admire many so many girls (women) I met that year for their drive to learn Torah when it did not come easily.

Har Nof was beautiful. Especially watching the sun set from the roof.

Rebbetzin Heller offered to set me up but I told her I wasn't ready for shidduchim.

It was exciting to meet people from states like Virginia and the Dakotas (I don't remember which one).

mummylaya

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:24 am
Aaah Neve...My best 2 years ever!
(10-11 Shalhevet, 11-12 Moreshet-anyone??) My memories include shopping at the Niche (random second hand stuff LOL) Cafe Neve-talent nights...waiting for that piano...the annual chagigah...making friends from all the other seminaries and having kumzitses instead of studying...huffing and puffing up the hill...coming back late and having to beg the guard to let us back in (I was madrichah for a year so had to go on frequent rescue missions when girls forgot their card).
Studying in the library, davening Yomim noraim in the dining room, studying in the laundry room just because it was quiet...

Kiwi13

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:36 am
One more thing I just thought of... the giant pot of oatmeal for breakfast in the morning. It was made with love. You could just taste it. I had a fierce eating disorder and left suddenly for emergency treatment in the middle of the year (starved to the point of early heart failure), but almost all the way to the end I still ate that oatmeal. It was one of the few moments of joy I could still feel.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics