Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Jewish youth library Borough Park
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 1:57 pm
Anyone know if they still function and exist?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:06 pm
Yes

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:17 pm
Yes but due to COVID it’s pickup only, you need to call and place your order
It’s my favorite library, I wish I could give them a million dollars to move to a decent place, revamp and computerize everything and make it not so ancient.
They have such great books that I haven’t seen anywhere else, the library is just run like it’s stuck in the Middle Ages...
Can you tell me why there isn’t a single decent Jewish library in BP that’s like the public library?

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:18 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Yes but due to COVID it’s pickup only, you need to call and place your order
It’s my favorite library, I wish I could give them a million dollars to move to a decent place, revamp and computerize everything and make it not so ancient.
They have such great books that I haven’t seen anywhere else, the library is just run like it’s stuck in the Middle Ages...
Can you tell me why there isn’t a single decent Jewish library in BP that’s like the public library?

I saw an add for JCC Marine Park - they're campaigning to raise money for such a library.

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I saw an add for JCC Marine Park - they're campaigning to raise money for such a library.

I know, I saw that ad and was drooling, that concept is so beautiful, marine park is just a little too far for me.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:27 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
I know, I saw that ad and was drooling, that concept is so beautiful, marine park is just a little too far for me.

There's another library in BP but their prices do not make sense to me.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:40 pm
There is a library cozy corner 25$ 1 time fee

Goody2shoes

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:41 pm
Which? I feel like I read all jyl books already. I tried leah fischman library but also finished all the books there. So now I'm buying non stop and I want to cut back. Can you tell me which library you meant?tia

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:44 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
Which? I feel like I read all jyl books already. I tried leah fischman library but also finished all the books there. So now I'm buying non stop and I want to cut back. Can you tell me which library you meant?tia

Nobody has more books than the jyl, all the newer libraries have only the new books, jyl has the old great classics you won’t find anywhere else. And their well priced as well. The key is to build a relationship with Necha, then she puts aside good books for you (I really shouldn’t reveal the secret in public Wink)

Goody2shoes

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:48 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
Nobody has more books than the jyl, all the newer libraries have only the new books, jyl has the old great classics you won’t find anywhere else. And their well priced as well. The key is to build a relationship with Necha, then she puts aside good books for you (I really shouldn’t reveal the secret in public Wink)

Toda rabba. So the next time your there dont be surprised if necha is gonna tell you about a women sho came in here saying something about chill-n-chollent having sent her😜

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:52 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:

Reserve a Book.

Goody2shoes

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:52 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Reserve a Book.

Address?
Never mind I just googled it. Thanks a ton

Last edited by Goody2shoes on Sun, May 30 2021, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:53 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
Address?

51st & 10th. Let us know what you think. Their monthly fee made no sense to me so I never went.

chili-n-cholent

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:55 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
Toda rabba. So the next time your there dont be surprised if necha is gonna tell you about a women sho came in here saying something about chill-n-chollent having sent her😜

LOL! Wonder how that would go...
But ya we go way back, I’ve been going to the library myself since I’m in first grade so they know me pretty well around there.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:28 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:
LOL! Wonder how that would go...
But ya we go way back, I’ve been going to the library myself since I’m in first grade so they know me pretty well around there.

Ha, I've been going there about 35 years ago! when they were still on 51 st. between 13-14 ave. They still have some of those books. Boy, I'm old!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:29 pm
So I can’t go in and choose books?
I don’t know off hand what I want.
So they have hours?

smile11

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:36 pm
chili-n-cholent wrote:

thought I'm the only one that knows the secret Surprised

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:43 pm
Looking for a really nice sit down Cafe in Flatbush or Crown Heights. Thank you so much

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:45 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Looking for a really nice sit down Cafe in Flatbush or Crown Heights. Thank you so much

Wrong thread but try Renaissance or Pescada in Flatbush or Basil in Crown Heights

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 6:47 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

A library cafe? I’d love that too!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries