Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
East Boca, Hollywood, or Orlando Community

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 1:07 pm
Hi! We’re looking to relocate to Florida. Many of the established communities are out of our price range at the moment. We have children in different age ranges, which is pulling us more toward Boca or Hollywood, since there are more established schools in those areas.
We’re even ok being pioneers, meaning moving to a newer up and coming area, as long as it’s driving distance from frum schools, and walking distance from a minyan.
I’ve heard East Boca is a newer community. I know a few people who moved to Hollywood. Orlando is much cheaper though, and the community seems so warm, but my oldest will be going into high school in the coming few years, and I haven’t heard anything about a frum high school over there.
So, any less expensive areas in South Florida, that people are starting to move to?

smile11

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 1:14 pm
I just moved to Florida can't help you with areas since mine does not have a school yet but smart move there is nothing like living here

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 2:46 pm
I guess what I'm looking for is an off shoot of an already established frum community in Florida. Somewhere where housing is still affordable, and we have access to the amenities a frum family needs.
For example, what Toms River and Jackson are to the Lakewood community.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:49 pm
Orlando started a girls high school this year.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 3:50 pm
Really? That's awesome! I didn't know! I'm guessing there are no boys Yeshiva high schools though.

asdf1

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:27 pm
Which area in Orlando is frum?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:32 pm
I think near the Orlando Torah center

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 4:59 pm
What are the therapy services compared to NYS?
O.t. p.t. speech, seit?

oneofakind

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:29 pm
No state tax yay. No service s either. You need to be at least middle class to live there because lower class doesn't have the programs that helped them in New York.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 5:34 pm
http://www.floridahealth.gov/p......html
This is what I found when I Googled "early intervention florida"
It's true, you definitely get less state benefits, in a state with less taxes.
I grew up in Florida, and we didn't have state funded bussing. We carpooled. Here in NJ though, my kids get free bussing. I guess we really need to take all expenses into account when making these decisions.

floridagirlboca

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:07 pm
Hi, my name is Ariella. I live in boca and I’m familiar with all the different communities in Florida. You and anyone else who wants to get more info can call me at 3473244039 and I can try to guide you in any way I can and give your more clarity!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:09 pm
To the poster above,

Welcome!!

You may want to edit out sensitive identifying information from your post.

amother
Clover

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:23 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Orlando started a girls high school this year.

What type of frum jews live in Orlando? Meaning is it a mixed community or does it lean MO, yeshivish, jpf etc?

amother
Peachpuff

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:28 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
What are the therapy services compared to NYS?
O.t. p.t. speech, seit?

Free until age 3 with Early Steps. After that you could get free services for special needs kids through the public school system but that involves sending your child to a public school for a few hours a day.

There is a scholarship to help with tuition or educational expenses, including a shadow, for special needs children called Gardiner or McKay (I think they are blending this year), but it is not comparable to the free services offered in New York.

Therapies are also available through your child’s health insurance.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:58 pm
I lived in Orlando. In addition to Chabad, there is a Chofetz Chaim synagogue, which also started the day school. The community is still relatively small but is quickly growing. It's a young community, with b"h many young children. Since there's only one Orthodox shule, the congregants run the gamut of observance. Lots of Israelis too. It's a warm and friendly atmosphere.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 11:21 pm
I just moved to Coral Springs Florida this week. My son moved to Inverary and the house across the street from him is for sale for $500K. It's a 4 minute walk to Chabad. Chabad has lots of schools and shuls in the area.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating