Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Teach me how to chat with my kids

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 8:31 pm
I'm not a very talkative person and neither are most of my kids. Of course we chit chat, but too often I'm at a loss when it comes to initiating conversations. When I do they usually give short responses. Would love tips on how to have more meaningful conversations.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 10:06 pm
How old are they? The easiest way is by forming a bond through play. If you can play with them a few times a week or share in some activity they like 1:1 such as art you will be building up your relationship which will make talking easier. Also something structured like lets each share something good and something hard from today. Parent goes first and shares something real. You can make that part of the bedtime routine. Consistancy can really make a difference with this

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, May 30 2021, 10:14 pm
Study Responsive Classroom techniques. Morning Meeting is a perfect place to start.
Change my entire way of teaching.
Went from being afraid of losing control to being able to have a chilled relationship with my students while still holding total control in the room.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics