Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Why open a thread when you can just Google it?

hodeez

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:29 pm
This has always boggled my mind. I understand questions about frumkeit and Jewish recipes, but why start a thread asking about, for ex, how many hours a 3 month old should be sleeping or how much milk a 12 month old should be taking? Like, just Google it! Oh also a personal favorite, when someone asks what a certain word means Very Happy

Crookshanks

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:33 pm
Probably because they want people's life experiences and specific things that happened.

Bleemee

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:36 pm
Those examples aren’t all fact-based.
I don’t know why someone would post for a Google-able fact.
But the questions you post are mostly discussion questions, like questions you’d ask your friends.

Blessing1

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:41 pm
I cannot understand why someone would start a thread with graphic details about what her DH does and she's in pain afterwards. Google it!! It's that easy! Not everything is worthy of a thread! I'm literally scratching my head over that one.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:20 pm
Some people have filters that block most Google search results but allow this site.

hodeez

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:23 pm
All valid points. I guess I just never think to start an 'is this normal' intimacy threads or 'does xyz need to be refrigerated'..

r_ch

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:26 pm
Because here there's a variety of experiences and opinioins which is interesting. It's also interesting to hear how children in one and the same family develop differently. On the internet it's just theoretical and based on some one child. Mostly. And to do the talking of couse. Why else?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics