Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
I don’t want to get my second dose ....
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:33 pm
I read that the Covid Vaccine is a Danger to those who had Covid.

And the second dose is even more dangerous than the first.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:33 pm
smss wrote:
We know that they are stronger, we do not yet know how long they last.

Personally I'm more than fine with yearly boosters if it comes to that 🤷‍♀️ (and it may not)

What makes them stronger?? I don't think there there any data to prove it. I think its something that is being said to convince people to take the vaccine.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:37 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
How long are those higher antibodies lasting though? Are natural antibodies lasting longer, even if the number of antibodies is slightly lower than the number from the vaccine?

We know that with MMR, natural immunity (getting measles and mumps) gives lifetime immunity
while the vaccine can wear off - that is why so many vaxxed college age kids were getting mumps.

So it is likely that Covid Antibodies last longer than Vaccine Antibodies, which will probably require
boosters or even yearly shots like the flu vaccine.

smss

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
What makes them stronger?? I don't think there there any data to prove it. I think its something that is being said to convince people to take the vaccine.

I posted the study further back in the thread.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:40 pm
DH works in the medical field. He says your body reacts worse the second time you are exposed to something. If someone gets stung by a bee or wasp for the second time it will be worse. After that the body learns more.

So people who didn't have corona are having a worse reaction to the 2nd shot, while people who DID get it are having a worse reaction to shot number 1.

Also most people are saying if you had COVID you should only get 1 shot. That's enough.

smss

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:43 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
I read that the Covid Vaccine is a Danger to those who had Covid.

And the second dose is even more dangerous than the first.

No, it is not.
However, what does seem to be true is that people who already had covid may have more side effects after the first dose, and may not need a second dose.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:52 pm
smss wrote:
No, it is not.
However, what does seem to be true is that people who already had covid may have more side effects after the first dose, and may not need a second dose.

People who have Cornoa Virus don't need ANY vaccine. They are not a threat to themselves
or others.

Why is nobody questioning why people with Corona Virus Antibodies are being coerced
into taking Corona Vaccines????

PS In Israel if you have Corona Antibodies there is no coercion to take the vaccine.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 1:54 pm
smss wrote:
So we don't totally know the answer to that yet. We know for sure that antibodies from vaccination last at least 6 months. Very probably they last (maybe even much) longer than that, but we just can't know for sure until it's studied (which is ongoing).

We also don't know how long natural antibodies last though. Probably longer than we originally thought, but I personally know someone whose antibodies waned after 10 months. (I know, I know, T-cells. Maybe! We'll find out when we find out...)

Regarding your second paragraph, if were going to go with anecdotes than I know people whose natural antibodies actually increased over time and did not wane.

FTR I am not anti the covid vax at all. I didnt get it yet because I am pregnant and I have antibodies. My dh and most of my family members got vaxxed.

I just honestly find it strange the way people (not you specifically but in general) are so desperate to prove that infection-aquired immunity is unreliable when we dont do that for so many other diseases

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:00 pm
https://www.israelnationalnews.....07208

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:00 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Canadians all scrambled to get the shot because of their extreme restrictions, in hope that it will open the country. What a joke, they probably won’t go back to normal ever...
But the Government is sitting a laughing and patting their pockets from all that vaccine money....

This is hilarious. Who do you think is paying for our vaccines?!? THE GOVERNMENT. We have free health care.

Also our vaccine rates are pulling up beyond yours. We definitely had issues but things are getting better.

smss

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:42 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Regarding your second paragraph, if were going to go with anecdotes than I know people whose natural antibodies actually increased over time and did not wane.

FTR I am not anti the covid vax at all. I didnt get it yet because I am pregnant and I have antibodies. My dh and most of my family members got vaxxed.

I just honestly find it strange the way people (not you specifically but in general) are so desperate to prove that infection-aquired immunity is unreliable when we dont do that for so many other diseases

I'm not sure that people are trying to prove infection-acquired immunity is UNreliable, it's more that we can't really say yet how reliable it is.

I agree, it's looking better than we once thought.

I also agree that you don't have to jump to take the vaccine if you already have antibodies (I personally would still get it, but I see the side not to).

This is more for the people who would rather take their chances with natural infection than with the vaccine. Vaccines are always the safest way to acquire immunity.

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:54 pm
https://vimeo.com/553518199

Please watch.

Prominent Dr, Most published journal articles title holder.

See what he is thinking now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:19 pm
Decided I’m not getting the second one.
If Israel didn’t mandate a second one if you’ve had Covid, that’s good enough for me. As far as I’m concerned they’re the only country that has a brain in their heads & using it!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:23 pm
Very logical op
Smart

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Decided I’m not getting the second one.
If Israel didn’t mandate a second one if you’ve had Covid, that’s good enough for me. As far as I’m concerned they’re the only country that has a brain in their heads & using it!

Salut

Are you going to move out of Canada?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:34 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Salut

Are you going to move out of Canada?

I wish.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wish.

Where would you go?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 10:33 pm
Would love to go to Israel but will have to wait.

Ihatepotatoes

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:26 pm
Wow, a conversation about Covid vaccines that's actually mostly civil, logical, and friendly! How interesting!

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 11:41 pm
Ihatepotatoes wrote:
Wow, a conversation about Covid vaccines that's actually mostly civil, logical, and friendly! How interesting!

First time I've ever heard Canada referred to as "nerdy"!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics