Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Do you believe UFO's are real?
Previous  1  2  3

naturalmom5

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 2:58 pm
Seriously, Meam Loez and other seforim do mention that before the Mabul some people went to other planets

I always thought there was a deeper hidden meaning but who knows

iyar

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 3:37 pm
MrsDash wrote:
Of course I believe. I have proof! LOL LOL

Hidden: 

MrsDash if only we weren't all hiding out here anonymously I'd come right over and visit!
Best picture!

And because I don't want to derail here-
Me three to ra-mom and Reality. When I see those reports I always say - There go the Russians! ...or Chinese maybe.

Did anyone mention Shiras Devora? She says, "Oru Meroz" - inhabitants of "Meroz" should be cursed for not coming to help fight Sisra. Some mefarshim say Meroz is a planet (Mars?). In BY this was a popular spot for everyone to start drawing pictures of aliens in the margins of their notebooks.

DrMom

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:09 pm
leah233 wrote:
One of the 13 principles of Jewish faith is that there is no Torah other than the one given to us.

That negates the possibility of Hashem having created human type creatures with bechira elsewhere.

There may be animals in outer space but not human type creatures with bechira

Is this necessarily true?

Maybe He just did not offer these creatures the Torah. Or maybe they are malachim. Maybe we cannot even wrap our heads around the possibilities.

iyar

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 4:57 pm
I agree DrMom. The 13 principles of faith say that this Torah we were given can never change and there can't be another Torah. I don't think that necessarily has to mean there can't be life on planets other than earth. (But I still think the UFO's in the news are sophisticated spying devices.)

chanatron1000

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:01 pm
Any extraterrestrial life would be extremely unlikely to be humanoid.

eduardo

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:31 pm
I think it’s very egotistical to think we are the only life in the universe. There are literally too many planets to count or fathom, and many of them can sustain even human life. If you believe in G-d, than you also need to not limit his powers and believe he could have created other life forms on other planets. If you think it’s not possible aliens exist, you are doubting Hashems abilities. Yes, it can be hard to process because it’s not something we know anything about and is so outside our realm of normal. But if there are 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+ planets, how can you believe that only one of those planets actually has life on it? I think its pretty close-minded (from a jewish perspective especially) and also self important to think it’s just us in an endless universe

eduardo

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:34 pm
DrMom wrote:
Is this necessarily true?

Maybe He just did not offer these creatures the Torah. Or maybe they are malachim. Maybe we cannot even wrap our heads around the possibilities.

Exactly. There could be other planets with other humans who have free will and they just weren’t offered the Torah. The same way there are other people on our planet who do not have the Torah but still exist

scruffy

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:39 pm
I think it's definitely possible that there is life on other planets, and even intelligent life, but it might be so different from us we wouldn't be able to recognize it as alive. Think based on alternative biochemistry.

Reality

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:46 pm
eduardo wrote:
I think it’s very egotistical to think we are the only life in the universe. There are literally too many planets to count or fathom, and many of them can sustain even human life. If you believe in G-d, than you also need to not limit his powers and believe he could have created other life forms on other planets. If you think it’s not possible aliens exist, you are doubting Hashems abilities. Yes, it can be hard to process because it’s not something we know anything about and is so outside our realm of normal. But if there are 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000+ planets, how can you believe that only one of those planets actually has life on it? I think its pretty close-minded (from a jewish perspective especially) and also self important to think it’s just us in an endless universe

I have no idea if there are other life forms out in the universe. I certainly wouldn't put a limit on Hashem and say for sure there aren't.

But that doesn't mean I have to believe in UFO's. If Hashem created other inhabited universes outside of our solar system they were created completely separate from ours. I have a hard time believing that these current sightings are extraterrestrial.

chanatron1000

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:47 pm
eduardo wrote:
I think it’s very egotistical to think we are the only life in the universe.

That we can't be because we're not the only life on this planet.

Reality

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:50 pm
My next question is why did the Pentagon release this information now? It all seems so bizarre to me.

avrahamama

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 5:52 pm
Reality wrote:
My next question is why did the Pentagon release this information now? It all seems so bizarre to me.

Maybe it's a conspiracy to see how far msm can get us to believe things as long as they are the ones to publish it.

Is this stuff being banned on SoMe?

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 3:36 am
avrahamama wrote:
Maybe it's a conspiracy to see how far msm can get us to believe things as long as they are the ones to publish it.

Is this stuff being banned on SoMe?

Not as far as I know. Seems unlikely since it was reported on in "60 Minutes" and other mainstream news sources.

I'm skeptical, of course, but willing to keep an open mind.

Some people say it is an optical illusion created by glare off a camera lens.
https://www.sandiegouniontribu.....ptics

I wonder if they are right. After that whole blue-and-gold vs blue-and-black dress phenomenon, who knows?

And the videos are always grainy. Can't anyone take a decent photo?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 4:48 am
The government is trying out new spy technology and has not informed the military. The pilots got excited when they saw these devices. This story hides the real one pretty well.
What would you have thought if you saw drones 30 years ago?

Also, doesn't everyone have a good camera today? why are we stuck with 70's graphics?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics