Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Who are you IRL
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 3:24 am
LeeR wrote:
Can you explain how you’ve met up with people from imamother? That’s a thing?
There are some imas on here that I would absolutely love to meet in real life.
Yes, it used to be a very big thing, years ago. I was never able to make any of the meet ups, but I know some other women, here in Israel, made a date, time and place and met up, simple as that. Smile

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 3:37 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Yes, it used to be a very big thing, years ago. I was never able to make any of the meet ups, but I know some other women, here in Israel, made a date, time and place and met up, simple as that. Smile

I went to one meeting many many years ago (maybe 10 years ago, probably more) I don't think any of the women who came at the time are still active on Imamother and I only vaguely remember the ones I did meet.
It was a meetup in Gan Hapaamon with kids - if anyone reading this was there I'd love to hear from you.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 4:34 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I went to one meeting many many years ago (maybe 10 years ago, probably more) I don't think any of the women who came at the time are still active on Imamother and I only vaguely remember the ones I did meet.
It was a meetup in Gan Hapaamon with kids - if anyone reading this was there I'd love to hear from you.
There were definitely a few israel meet ups. I was never able to go to any of them. They were either not in our area or it was during the day while I was working.

mochamix18

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 5:03 am
flowerpower wrote:
Do you also “draw the curtains” and “dress the chicken”?

And don’t forget about “dusting the furniture” and “trimming the steak”

happyone

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 5:12 am
I'm Happyone, depending on the moment . it's something I work on. I'm a member here since 2005. I'm a certified chocoholic and never regret my last piece. I believe we live once, make it sweet .
My important motto is "you're as good as you're first and last two minutes of any interaction," and I try to keep that in mind in my dealings with people.
I'm not very domesticated- I dont enjoy housework , but I am very dedicated and committed to my husband, children, adult children, grandkids!!! career, friends which is a juggling act.
I struggle with health issues but try not to allow it to be the focus of my life.
I work well under pressure and take on a tad more than I should .
I love nature wish I lived closer to sun and sand .

I've met up IRL years ago in some brooklyn restaurant meet ups... I wonder how many of our original chevra are still on here! many were hesitant on sharing screen names.

Imamother was a great source of support and information through life's different experiences over the years.

Did I give myself away yet? Smile

missmuffetsmum

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:14 am
I live Down Under and have 2 hectic but ever so delicious little people who haven't worked out that Mummy would appreciate some sleep every now and again...

RevitalizedMom

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:40 am
About the imamother meetups, don’t people want to remain totally anonymous? Or has that become more of a recent trend? As in, years ago imas were more comfortable showing their true identity?

I’m thrilled by the idea of a meet up, but in reality would probably be too weirded out to show up. I’d love to be a fly on the wall though, just like I am on here.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:52 am
LeeR wrote:
Can you explain how you’ve met up with people from imamother? That’s a thing?
There are some imas on here that I would absolutely love to meet in real life.

I think it's time for another Brooklyn meetup, now that the Covid restrictions have eased. Anyone in?

chili-n-cholent

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:09 pm
As LeeR said, I would be way to shy, I would want to be a fly on the wall and see who everyone else is... But it would be nice

windchime

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:24 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
I think it's time for another Brooklyn meetup, now that the Covid restrictions have eased. Anyone in?

Will you bring your lemon 🍋 marengue pie?

WhatFor

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:46 pm
Some facts about me:

Introvert
Millennial
Have lived in more than 3 countries (for at least 2 years each)
Lefty
Dogs > cats
Savory > sweet
Quiet > listening to someone scroll past tiktok videos
Anything > listening to someone scroll past tiktok videos

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:29 pm
I like glitter. I don't like Imamother meets.

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:34 pm
I've straight out said who I am a whole bunch of times lol.

That said, I don't believe there's any real "privacy" on the internet, so I make sure I'm cool with people knowing what I post.

livinginflatbus

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:40 pm
I'm in my high twenties and yes I actually live in flatbush..

zigi

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:46 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

Sounds like fun! I like meeting new people. When I joined imamother I was nursing a baby. That baby is in her mid teens . Time flew by. I love music. And reading. ..

shanie5

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:30 pm
Sprinkles1 wrote:
Hidden: 

54? Wink

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics