Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Marblewarehouse.com in California, w great BBB rating?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:23 pm
Im considering buying Granite Tiles from a dealer in California,

https://www.marblewarehouse.com/

w great BBB rating (A+). There are no dealers in or near New York, or the East coast, who carry Granite Tiles (theyre not in style, but I dont care).

Ive never dealt with this company and I dont know anyone who dealt with this company.

Would you do it?

I think if I pay with credit card, Im safe.

Is that right?

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:35 pm
Have you checked their Yelp or Google reviews? You could also post the name here to see if anyone has used them.

I certainly use companies without personal recommendations all the time. Usually I can figure out enough from internet research to make a good decision.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:40 pm
challahchallah wrote:
Have you checked their Yelp or Google reviews? You could also post the name here to see if anyone has used them.

I certainly use companies without personal recommendations all the time. Usually I can figure out enough from internet research to make a good decision.

Thanks, I edited to include the name in the subject.

Yelp has ten 5 star reviews. Ten reviews isnt that many.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 1:31 pm
Are you sure there isn't a source for tiles in the tristate area? Granite tiles might not be fashionable but they are still used. I just had some work done for my balcony and we needed some black edging and black porcelain strips weren't available so the tile setter used granite tile and cut them on site. If they were available so easily it's hard to believe that they aren't available in the metropolitan area. Have you contacted local tile shops and suppliers?

I would be hesitant about ordering something like this sight unseen over the internet. What happens if you just don't like it or in some way it is not high quality. From what I have read about tile setting, the quality of tile can make a big difference in the end result and most good tile setters won't work with low quality tile because the result won't be acceptable.

Also - depending on the granite you are choosing - you might not be happy aesthetically with the end result. Granite and other stone with movement has variation and until you actually open up the box, you don't know how well the tiles will look laid next to each other. Also depending on the granite, you might need to order more than you think in order to get a good result. This is because a good tile setter will lay out the tiles before placing them so that the patterns look natural and good. This is also true of factory finished wood where a good floor person will not just place the wood anywhere but will make deliberate selections of each piece so that the end result is aesthetic.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:00 pm
Amarante wrote:
Are you sure there isn't a source for tiles in the tristate area? Granite tiles might not be fashionable but they are still used. I just had some work done for my balcony and we needed some black edging and black porcelain strips weren't available so the tile setter used granite tile and cut them on site. If they were available so easily it's hard to believe that they aren't available in the metropolitan area. Have you contacted local tile shops and suppliers?

Thanks, Ive been looking for months, black (and a greyish one that I dont care for), is the only color of granite tiles, available in the NY area.

I and many friends have installed granite tiles over the years and are very happy.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks, Ive been looking for months, black (and a greyish one that I dont care for), is the only color of granite tiles, available in the NY area.

I and many friends have installed granite tiles over the years and are very happy.

I didn't mean that all granite is bad but only that you have to be careful to make sure that the granite being supplied is good quality because otherwise the end result won't be good.

Since you have no idea of the quality from this source, I would be be hesitant since returning it would be problematic. Returns of heavy items can be problematic especially if the supplier is claiming they are fine.

I am not pro or anti granite tile - I would be hesitant to order from an internet source I am not familiar with. I would be especially hesitant because I could not find any kind of address for the supplier on the site.

ETA - Why granite and not porcelain tile? Modern porcelain mimics marble and other stone very well and is more readily available. Also - depending on the granite style - it is also easier to care for since some granite requires sealing periodically and porcelain doesn't.

Stone floors haven't gone out of style - however granite itself for flooring is not popular for a variety of reasons. It is also very slippery when damp or even people have damp shoes. Generally stuff used for flooring needs to have a good COF so that it isn't slippery.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 2:23 pm
Amarante wrote:
I would be especially hesitant because I could not find any kind of address for the supplier on the site.

MarbleWarehouse.com
14533 Keswick Street #1
Van Nuys, CA. 91405

https://www.marblewarehouse.co.....actus
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics