Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Cheap housing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:36 am
Looking to purchase a house near monsey, ny. Which areas near monsey are startingg to become more frum but are still cheap? (airmont is no longer cheap...)

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:38 am
Chestnut Ridge is still pretty affordable.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:46 am
Hillcrest and New City are still cheap.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:03 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Hillcrest and New City are still cheap.

I have a friend who is moving OUT of New City because there are no frum people other than her.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:19 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I have a friend who is moving OUT of New City because there are no frum people other than her.

I live in new city. She is in the wrong part then. There are 200 frum families in my area.
The only affordable places are haverstraw, stony point , maybe parts of chestnut ridge, parts of new city. Monsey got very very expensive.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:21 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I live in new city. She is in the wrong part then. There are 200 frum families in my area.
The only affordable places are haverstraw, stony point , maybe parts of chestnut ridge, parts of new city. Monsey got very very expensive.

I have no clue. She is looking to move back to main monsey because she says she has no one on shabbos. She bought her house in new city a few years ago for like 250 and is selling it for 350ish.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:26 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
I have no clue. She is looking to move back to main monsey because she says she has no one on shabbos. She bought her house in new city a few years ago for like 250 and is selling it for 350ish.

Ok not sure what area she is in.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:27 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:

In the wrong area. There are parts of New City that are full! Some of it is getting pretty expensive . Right near the shul on wagon wheel.
Chestnut Ridge is pretty expensive by now. If you keep your eyes open, you can sometimes still get a good price in Dexter Park. Haverstraw is starting to get more expensive. Should be able to still get ..,

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:33 am
Ok not sure what area she is in.

townhomes.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:35 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
townhomes.

Im off buena vista. Wr have bh a huge thriving neighborhood. She is in the wrong area completely.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:41 am
Im off buena vista. Wr have bh a huge thriving neighborhood. She is in the wrong area completely.

Gotcha! Ok then! I wonder how that happened. Maybe she was just hopeful it would increase in value, which it did... or maybe she was hoping people would join her, which they did not!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 11:52 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Gotcha! Ok then! I wonder how that happened. Maybe she was just hopeful it would increase in value, which it did... or maybe she was hoping people would join her, which they did not!

Probably. There is also a new chassidish community off west clarkstown road that has like 30 families
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating