Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to start a weight loss business

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:15 pm
Step 1: Choose a general category of diet, such as keto, paleo, etc.
Step 2: Make an oddly specific set of rules and meal plans based on it. For example, if you choose keto, add on that at least one meal a day has to be nuts, alternating between almonds and macadamia nuts. Be creative!
Step 3: Make up a reason why the rules from Step 2 are important. For the given example, I would say that almonds and macadamia nuts are the two most important nutritious nuts, and alternating makes sure that you don't get overwhelmed by the nutrients but don't go more than a day between either kind. This step can be as nonsensical and pseudoscientific as you want, but try to make it sound plausible.
Step 4: Make it more attractive by "allowing" something that some diets wouldn't. For example, announce that dessert is allowed twice a week as long as it's a single frozen grape.
Step 5: Add on some highly specific exercises or other actions paired with the diet/meal plan. For example, macadamia nut days can be yoga days while almond days are for jogging and a cool bath.
Step 6: Come up with a catchy name based on Step 2 that distracts from Step 1.
Step 7: Remind people that if they follow your plan, they will lose weight, which means that if it doesn't work for someone, it's their fault.
Step 8: Profit

crust

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:19 pm
Grind oats in your food processor. Put into vegan capsules. Put 4 capsules in tiny zip lock bags.

This is the vitamin that you have to take when on this diet.
It's 55 dollars a pack when you buy 4 packs.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:22 pm
LOL

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 10:51 pm
The big problem with weightloss as a business is that if it worked, it would be a terrible business model. Luckily the adaptations that weightloss causes means that no food plan( including low carb) alone will ever create permanent weightloss. Behavioural changes are as important to long term weightloss as a pattern of eating that works for a person.

That said, I’ve been thinking about formally starting to coach people and it’s a weird contradiction because my personal goal would be to help and get people to where they can do it themselves. Terrible business model, right?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise