Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Union, NJ

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 9:49 pm
Anyone know anything about Union, NJ? Are there currently Jewish people living there? I heard some Bobov people are trying to set up community there?

Does anyone know if others are going there too? If yes, what type of crowd?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 08 2020, 11:35 pm

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 12:34 am
There's no one and nothing there now.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:06 am
There actually is a yeshiva and a few frum families. There is a family Kurant that has been bringing in families. Housing is cheaper and it's a quiet, calm, nice place to live. I believe the children go to school in passaic. The yeshiva was originally in Linden.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:43 am
Bobov 45 is in process of setting up a community... don’t know about others...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:51 am
Have neighbor who just closed on a house there. She's got large family. She's bobov 45. Wondering if this is an option or ther ex nothing there yet

egam

Post Sun, Aug 09 2020, 1:51 pm
I heard that Bobov 45 is planning to move there. There’s a shul and yeshiva (kolel?) there. I think it’s still in developing stages.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:08 pm
Any updated information? The posts on Linden got me thinking.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:32 pm
They have about 30 families that closed already. Between 15-20 families currently living there. Opening a cheder and school in September

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:23 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
They have about 30 families that closed already. Between 15-20 families currently living there. Opening a cheder and school in September

Wow! What part of Union?

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:54 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Wow! What part of Union?

All over. I know someone living in roselle park, and that’s considered out of the area of where most of the Jewish families reside

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:25 am
my neighbor moved there pesach time. There's 8 chassidish bobov 45 families living there. There's 4 more moving there next few weeks. Theres 5 on contract.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 1:18 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]my neighbor moved there pesach time. There's 8 chassidish bobov 45 families living there. There's 4 more moving there next few weeks. Theres 5 on contract.[/quote
Last I heard, there’s about 12 living there already

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:48 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Wow! What part of Union?

5 conners area. They started morning minyan today.

emee2

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:00 pm
Any updates? How many families are there now? Is everyone Bobov-45? What grade does the school go up to? How far is it from linden?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 07 2023, 8:51 pm
emee2 wrote:
Any updates? How many families are there now? Is everyone Bobov-45? What grade does the school go up to? How far is it from linden?

15-20 minutes from linen. 85% are bobov-45. Don't know who else is there but in order to be part of the kehilla, u need to be approved by the vaad.

emee2

Post Wed, Nov 08 2023, 12:08 am
amother Natural wrote:
15-20 minutes from linen. 85% are bobov-45. Don't know who else is there but in order to be part of the kehilla, u need to be approved by the vaad.

Do you live there? How many families? Does the school go past 3rd grade? Does the vaad allow driving?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating