Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Stuffed hot pepper

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 5:53 am
I googled it and I found with cream cheese. Any other ideas besides cream cheese?

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 5:55 am
Yes! I do it with sauteed peppers, onions, chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin all mashed together. Stuff the peppers and then I like to bake in a tomatillo sauce.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 6:39 am
avrahamama wrote:
Yes! I do it with sauteed peppers, onions, chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin all mashed together. Stuff the peppers and then I like to bake in a tomatillo sauce.

That sounds good!! Thanks, just the thing I was looking for.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 6:43 am
I forgot to add cilantro into the filling. And if you want to make it dairy you can add shredded cheese to the filling.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:04 am
I'm thinking of making them with "parve beef crumbles", cottage cheese, onion, and egg filling. Then batter and deep fry them, melt shredded cheddar on top, and serve with an avocado crema.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:51 am
avrahamama wrote:

It was delicious! Thanks! I think next time I’ll leave in a few seeds because it wasn’t very spicy. My 13ds had two of them.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:29 am
yo'ma wrote:
It was delicious! Thanks! I think next time I’ll leave in a few seeds because it wasn’t very spicy. My 13ds had two of them.

I'm so glad! It's actually an empanada filling that I decided to stuff jalapeno with instead.

We like to leave seeds in 😉

The tomatillo sauce I make is spicy though.

Roast tomatillos, garlic, onion, scallions, jalapenos with oil and salt. Then blend with some cilantro. That sauce gets used with everything. It's a household fave.

scruffy

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:23 am
This sounds so good avrahamama! I might try it out Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes