Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Baby suddenly waking every 3 hours

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 10:47 am
She used to give me an amazing almost 6 hours stretch…..but last few nights, its been barely 3 hours. Sad

The only thing that has changed is that I switched her from Kendamil formula to Enfamil.

Could that be making a difference?

hodeez

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 10:48 am
Age?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 10:50 am
She's just 3 months.

I was really lucky with one, my other kiddo didn't sleep a minute more than 3 hours at a time till she was like 7-8 months.

hodeez

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 10:57 am
It could be that the formula change made the difference, but more likely is her age. Unfortunately they spoli us with long stretches and then decide they actually don't need to sleep that long :/

smile11

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:00 am
I am in the same stage just read that when they hit 3-4 months or when they start hitting new milestone it can interrupt there night. Can that be it?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:19 am
So basically, nothing to do about it?

Its just strange; till now she could go 6 hours without eating, but suddenly she is ravenous after 3?

I really wonder if the new brand formula is less filling; does that even make sense?

SwissAlps

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:24 am
I had this with one of my babies. Started sleeping through most of the night at around 2 months and then at 3.5 months started waking up every 3 hours. I've heard this happening to a lot of other babies as well.
In my case I think my baby started getting very distracted during the daytime feedings so needed more to eat at night.
Eta: I do nurse my babies so couldn't really measure how much they were eating overall throughout the day

hodeez

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So basically, nothing to do about it?

Its just strange; till now she could go 6 hours without eating, but suddenly she is ravenous after 3?

I really wonder if the new brand formula is less filling; does that even make sense?

If you think that's the case give her more of it. If you're giving her 4 oz now amp it up to 6 and see if that makes a difference.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 12:37 pm
Probably 4 month sleep regression
Until that age babies don't understand object permanence, so when they wake between sleep cycles they have an easy time putting themselves back to sleep. Once they get object permanence they wake up and need to that bottle to help them back to sleep if they have a suck/feed to sleep association.
Also normal to have a growth spurt at this age and start eating more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics