Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Camp Tubby vs Camp Malka

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 12:09 pm
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about these two camps crowd wise? Are they similar in type? I’m referring to first half. Thanks!

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:51 pm
I think Tubby is more for heimish/ chassidish girls. Malka is more litvish. But there is overlap.

My kids have gone to malka for years and love it, but usually they have gone second half. My nieces all go first half. I think first half is more in town, and is second half is more out of town.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 7:57 pm
I think Malka has become much more heimish/chassidish lately. Many of the Litvish/yeshivish people I know who used to send there, send their younger daughters to CBY.

I don't really know the difference between Tubby and Malka, I would say Tubby is more RW Litvish, and Malka more heimish, but I could be wrong.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 8:25 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I think Tubby is more for heimish/ chassidish girls. Malka is more litvish. But there is overlap.

My kids have gone to malka for years and love it, but usually they have gone second half. My nieces all go first half. I think first half is more in town, and is second half is more out of town.

When you say it’s more chassidish do you mean the girls go to chassidish schools?

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 8:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
When you say it’s more chassidish do you mean the girls go to chassidish schools?

I know girls from chassidish schools that go to Camp Tubby. Mostly neutral chassidish.

ye

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 8:36 pm
Also I was hearing that tubby and malka are very compatible and both have similar type of homes... meaning tubby has the yeshivish and frum litvish homes along with heimish/chassidish Bais Yaakov kind of girls .. heard malka has same too.. is that true?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 8:44 pm
I went to tubby 15 years ago and at the time of you didn’t learn in Bais Yaakov Boro Park you were totally mechutz lamachane. I’m assuming it’s more or less the same today. Typical Boro park style.
I don’t know anything about camp Malka

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:23 pm
My granddd attends bnos penina in Lakewood will be going to tubby.
My sil wears a shtreimel. My dd attended byhs.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jun 01 2021, 9:29 pm

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:56 am
I live in Baltimore and several of my daughter's classmates go to Tubby. Fewer go to Malka - it is considered more "in town" by our OOT standards.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 11:59 am
I went to Malka and loved it. First half is more in town second half is more out of town (to an extent). I can’t tell you about first half, but second half was normal in town and out of town yeshivish. There was a group of Heiman/tuna beigel type girls but they blended in and weren’t at all the majority. This was five years ago...
I grew up out of town and loved it

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 1:09 pm
It's funny, I have zero stakes in this game but I know a few people who sent to Camp Tubby over the last few years and not even one is at all Chassidish or even "heimish." Very RW yeshivish though. I know nothing about the "crowd" or the camp itself, I just have maybe 3 or so friends who sent kids there.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 3:59 pm
Violet you said you went to malka or was it tubby where there we’re a lot of tuna beigels?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:01 pm
I also just wanted to make sure that tubby doesn’t have this chassidish tuna beigel crowd...

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Violet you said you went to malka or was it tubby where there we’re a lot of tuna beigels?

I went to Malka. I said Malka had a few but that’s it, meaning it was definitely majority yeshivish not chassidish. Lakewood type. Second half was the out of town lakewooders if that makes sense.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:39 pm
I'm scared to ask but what's a tuna beigel?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:42 pm
fleetwood wrote:
I'm scared to ask but what's a tuna beigel?

I hate this term. Used to describe cool ex chasidim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics