Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Atlanta

marina

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 2:34 pm
does anyone know of homes for rent in the Atlanta Jewish community? Either Toco Hills or Sandy Springs is fine.

Chani

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 3:08 pm
Ah, just saw this note after I answered your PM. It was some years since we lived there. You might try calling Rabbi Michael Broyde (wife's name is Channah) - he's the rabbi at Young Israel in Toco Hills (404)728-9117. If he doesn't know of anything, he'll certainly know who would know. Could also try Rabbi Baroosan in Toco Hills (Devora). You should definitely call the Baroosan's regardless, if you're moving there because they are absolutely the greatest family. Sorry I don't have his phone number at hand, but I'll try to find it.

Weird thing about the frum area in Toco Hills...the subdivision was all Xmas themed, so all of these streets that are basically totally frum streets are named Bramble, Holly, Xmas, Santa Claus, etc..

Sandy Springs may be pretty difficult area to find a rental in. Most of the houses are enormous and expensive. Probably will have better luck with Toco Hills. (Plenty of beautiful homes there as well, but there is more of a mix of more modest houses in addition.) There are also some apartments in each neighborhood within a reasonable distance of the shuls. A very popular apartment complex was on LaVista, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it now.

Good luck

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 3:26 pm
I agree w/chani.
there are apts in sandy springs lexington glen is the one I use to live in.pretty expensive compared to toco hills,which u will have to travel to for schools,eating friends programs etc.

MMEC123

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 3:54 pm
There are two apartment complexes on Lavista: Post Briarcliff and Calibre Woods.

marina

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 7:03 pm
we have kids, k"ah. So we didn't really think about apartments because those usually don't have more than two bedrooms, more like houses for rent.

Chani

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 7:14 pm
I am almost certain that both of those complexes have 3 BR apartments.

Chani

Post Sun, Mar 09 2008, 7:23 pm
well, just looked online and my mistake - Calibre Woods only goes up to 2 BR / 1380 sq. feet.

Yippee! Post Briarcliff has 3 BR/3 BA 1644 sq. ft.

http://www.everyaptmapped.com/......html

If you're Chabad, you could also check out some of the other areas like Marietta. Awfully inconvenient, though, for shopping/restaurants/etc. and probably not so many kids for your children to play with.

Can't really tell you about the schools. I know things have changed since we lived there, and when we were there we weren't in the parsha anyhow.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating