Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Such a thing as a baby swing that stays on over Shabbat?

hodeez

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:38 am
Wondering if there is such a swing that stays on over Shabbat, (bonus points with music playing), and doesn't stop once you pick up/ put in the baby.

2qtees

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:51 am
YES! you need one that plugs in to the wall and is not battery operated. I have a fisher price one that does. The music and lights time out on mine but when I called the company, I was told that it shouldnt
This is the current version of the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-.....=8-10

Oldest

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:23 am
Not sure if this would work for you, but what about putting it on some sort of Shabbos clock/timer?

mfb

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:34 am
2qtees wrote:
YES! you need one that plugs in to the wall and is not battery operated. I have a fisher price one that does. The music and lights time out on mine but when I called the company, I was told that it shouldnt
This is the current version of the one I have:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-.....=8-10

I have this one too. As long as the swing is plugged in it stays on. I don’t remember about the mobile and I wouldn’t have wanted it making music all shabbos. But you can call the company and ask about it. There are many different designs you can choose from.

Mermaidinexile

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:55 am
We used to leave out snoo (hand me down! I didn't spend anything!) on over shabbos
Saved our sanity

hodeez

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:59 am
Thank you for sharing! Is there no issue of taking baby out or putting in? Like it doesn't stop or readjust due to the weight difference?

hodeez

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:59 am
And is there such a thing as a snoo gemach? I would love to try it but I'm not made of money, unfortunately.

Mermaidinexile

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 10:00 am
hodeez wrote:
Thank you for sharing! Is there no issue of taking baby out or putting in? Like it doesn't stop or readjust due to the weight difference?

It would speed up or slow down if baby cried, but stayed same when taking baby in and out.

chili-n-cholent

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 10:07 am
hodeez wrote:
And is there such a thing as a snoo gemach? I would love to try it but I'm not made of money, unfortunately.

Wow that sounds amazing, following if anyone knows of one!
I know that you can rent the snoo by the month but still not really in my budget

Mermaidinexile

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 10:30 am
hodeez wrote:

I'm sure there are people open to lending. Ours was passed from someone and we already passed it along....

hodeez

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:19 am
Thank you everyone
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars