Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
For those of you who want to know what other amothers do...

Why do you need to know what other people are doing in their personal lives?
Because I like to base my life decisions on what everyone else is doing  
 10%  [ 4 ]
Because if I don't like something dh does I feel better knowing other DHs do it too  
 21%  [ 8 ]
I'm collecting Data for a worldwide survey  
 32%  [ 12 ]
other  
 35%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 37

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 7:34 pm
I'm baffled at the number of threads asking whether everyone else ALSO does such and such, for example: "who else's dh is like this?" or "do you get a push present?" or "how much time do you spend talking to dh a day"? so I'm putting up a poll.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 7:41 pm
I'm just curious George.

Also, if I see on here that all the other husbands take out the garbage and bring bedikos to the rabbi and do the weekly shopping, I can tell Dh, "see? I am gold!" and see how far that gets me.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 7:44 pm
I don’t😀

People ask because they want to know if they’re the only ones with this issue. It reassures them.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:06 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I don’t😀

People ask because they want to know if they’re the only ones with this issue. It reassures them.

Neither do I. But I agree with this post. It's probably for reassurance that they're not the only one.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:06 pm
I'm baffled by the number of people baffled by this. It's perfectly normal to want to know what other people do.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:07 pm
Straight up curiosity. I don’t ask questions, but will read these threads. Curiosity should be a poll option since that’s most likely a lot of the “other” votes.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:11 pm
I'm just an undercover kerfuffler. Of course I want to know what everyone else is up to.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:19 pm
Because I’m too polite to be a yenta in the real world, but curiosity is very human and normal!

Optione

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:31 pm
I don't know that I've ever started a poll like that; if I would, it would probably help me guage whether or not my expectations are realistic. Obviously everyone has unique circumstances but I could see where it would help to get a general idea.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 8:57 pm
OP, why do you feel the need to know the reasons other people do the things they do?

Crookshanks

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 11:04 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Straight up curiosity. I don’t ask questions, but will read these threads. Curiosity should be a poll option since that’s most likely a lot of the “other” votes.

Exactly this. Never started a thread or poll, but I read them avidly. I'm a people person and I find other people's lives fascinating.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics