Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Vaccine booked, having cold feet. Pregnant
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

shaqued_almond

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 3:27 pm
TheRealElizaTee wrote:
So s/o should get an experimental mrna therapy to possibly give antibodies to their unborn baby who has more than a 99.99% chance of surviving from covid?

There's a few cases of pregnant women and their babies dying because they got covid. Giving birth is not easy on the body. Your cynicism is callous and I'm sure you wouldn't have the guts to say such things to the families of these women.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 3:34 pm
shaqued_almond wrote:
There's a few cases of pregnant women and their babies dying because they got covid. Giving birth is not easy on the body. Your cynicism is callous and I'm sure you wouldn't have the guts to say such things to the families of these women.

The OP already had covid!!!! Her chances of getting it again while pregnant are basically nil

nanny24/7

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 3:44 pm
OP I am not a medical professional but I heard from several people who are that it is not recommended to get the vaccine within the first 3 months after recovering from Covid. And that it may be best to wait up to 6 months.
I have an acquaintance who felt pressured to take the vaccine very soon after having covid (for travel reasons) and got very sick from it and is still sick.
Granted there were other chronic health issues before.
I don't know anything specific about pregnancy.
There is research that antibodies last up to 9 months, a year, 2 years, etc.. varying views.
Good luck

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 3:52 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
OP I am not a medical professional but I heard from several people who are that it is not recommended to get the vaccine within the first 3 months after recovering from Covid. And that it may be best to wait up to 6 months.
I have an acquaintance who felt pressured to take the vaccine very soon after having covid (for travel reasons) and got very sick from it and is still sick.
Granted there were other chronic health issues before.
I don't know anything specific about pregnancy.
There is research that antibodies last up to 9 months, a year, 2 years, etc.. varying views.
Good luck

Thanks, so helpful. I've cancelled my appointment, I'm so relieved! My issue is why did I get Covid twice then? I had a very different type of covid back in April 2020 but I didn't get tested so who knows. I had every symptom though. The fever, the cough, the finding it a bit hard to breathe at times etc. I didn't lose my senses back then! Now why did I get it twice 😣 why is it such a sure thing that I won't get it a 3rd time chas vesholom. That's my only issue. Other than that bh I'm happy with my decision. I was so worried how I'd react to the vaccine and how it would effect the baby.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 4:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks, so helpful. I've cancelled my appointment, I'm so relieved! My issue is why did I get Covid twice then? I had a very different type of covid back in April 2020 but I didn't get tested so who knows. I had every symptom though. The fever, the cough, the finding it a bit hard to breathe at times etc. I didn't lose my senses back then! Now why did I get it twice 😣 why is it such a sure thing that I won't get it a 3rd time chas vesholom. That's my only issue. Other than that bh I'm happy with my decision. I was so worried how I'd react to the vaccine and how it would effect the baby.

If you didnt get tested how can u be sure it was covid?
In terms of being sure about getting it again im just telling you what the medical research says. A study just came out regarding this

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 4:16 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
If you didnt get tested how can u be sure it was covid?
In terms of being sure about getting it again im just telling you what the medical research says. A study just came out regarding this

Ok I'm not 100 percent sure but 98 percent. It was going around here like crazy. I've never gotten so ill in my life. I hadn't had temperature since I was a child. I was throwing up from the high fever. It must've been covid.
I've heard of a few people who had it twice.

IyH I won't get it again now especially as it's really not so rampant here anymore. Although they say cases are rising again Sad

The 2nd time in January it was covid, I tested positive. I didn't have the cough, just slight fever, very Achy body, overall fluey and unwell. Lost my sense of taste and smell. Weak etc. But no other symptoms

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 4:56 pm
Nobody knows 100%, but I think you did the right thing, OP.

I give you a Brocha that you and your baby should be healthy, and easy, safe delivery.

nanny24/7

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 6:58 pm
Thank you.
OP, regarding your fear of getting it a 3rd time.
There are 3 reasons you are more at risk for getting adverse reactions from the vaccine now than the average person:
1. you already had covid (This adds a small extra risk)
2. You had covid recently
3. You are pregnant

As I said, research shows it's uncommon to get Covid twice, and certainly uncommon 3 times.
Yes there is technically that risk.
But common sense IMO would dictate if there are 2 risks to weigh, 1 risk of doing something harmful, and a different risk of Refraining from taking action, it usually makes the most sense to refrain.
Unless there is definitely a much greater risk from refraining to take action.
Did I explain that well?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:21 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Nobody knows 100%, but I think you did the right thing, OP.

I give you a Brocha that you and your baby should be healthy, and easy, safe delivery.

Thank you so much. Amein!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 03 2021, 9:24 pm
nanny24/7 wrote:
Thank you.
OP, regarding your fear of getting it a 3rd time.
There are 3 reasons you are more at risk for getting adverse reactions from the vaccine now than the average person:
1. you already had covid (This adds a small extra risk)
2. You had covid recently
3. You are pregnant

As I said, research shows it's uncommon to get Covid twice, and certainly uncommon 3 times.
Yes there is technically that risk.
But common sense IMO would dictate if there are 2 risks to weigh, 1 risk of doing something harmful, and a different risk of Refraining from taking action, it usually makes the most sense to refrain.
Unless there is definitely a much greater risk from refraining to take action.
Did I explain that well?

Yes, thank you.
It just doesn't make sense to get a vaccine right now when the risks are so much more than MAYBE, probably not getting covid again c.v. I also have the Rav to back me up, and my pharmacist who both thought I should wait for now.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics