Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Give me your happy ending stories!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 5:59 am
One of my kids was recently diagnosed with adhd, borderline spectrum, borderline pre-psychotic thoughts.

This is a great, bright, albeit quirky kid, but with some obvious behavioral issues.

I'm looking for all the happy success stories while we jump into the hard slog of finding the right meds, therapy, etc. I want to be able to keep my eye on the happy ending while we're in the really rough parts.

So... was this you? Your sibling? Your spouse? Your neighbor? Please give me all the happy stories you can!

Thank you, and may we all have good news to share about all of our children!

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 6:35 am
Please test to rule out lyme disease etc because of the pre psychotic thoughts. Make sure to do a reputable test lab.

Adhd has loads of success stories!! Very doable. Have no fear.

Borderline spectrum comes with its own set of pros, not just cons, no worries.

amother
Lightgray

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 6:37 am
ds has adhd and had a very hard childhood

he got married and now is a great husband and taking care of his house

he's still adhd (like forgets his things in my house)
but he is dealing with it and worked on himself so he can be a great husband and responsible head of the house

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 7:54 am
My DD has anxiety, panic attacks, depression, and borderline personality disorder.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....99926

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 7:57 am
One of my children was a real bad case of ADHD, I tried all kinds af natural alternatives, until we got to our senses and saw that medication is the only solution.
Fast forward several years, he's now a teenager and is perfectly fine bh. No meds, no ADHD.

My next child was also a difficult ADHD and phycothoughts, that one was a real complicated case. Without going into much detail, after being on meds for a while, he is now a happy mature sweet kid with no issues whatsoever BH!!!

My next child is also on meds for ADHD and strong behavior issues. With meds he's a regular behaving kid bh, no one would know he's not the average. While he's on medication we can work on his issues so he can learn the skills he needs for life.
I believe that iyh over time, he too will be able to get off meds completely and be a regular child.
There's hope, but you need to have seichel to help them early on. With meds.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 8:10 am
Well I’m married to someone with adhd! He has a magnetic personality, he’s a great father, caring husband, and a great provider so I don’t have to work and have all the help I need.
Two of my kids inherited his adhd as well as his sparkle and charisma.

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:51 am
We have a child who fit your description 10 years ago.
Medication didn't fix any of the problems, they just added more (side effects, and it didn't address the underlying power issues).

Our child did not have enough power/agency/inner-directedness in his/her life, and according to some experts, that's often what underlies these diagnoses.

As soon as we addressed THAT problem, things turned around for our child. Our child is not on meds , no longer has those diagnoses, though I'll admit the route we took is not mainstream. Most parents and school staff, hospital staff, etc are not pro children having much power in their world.
Hatzlacha!

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:55 am
amother [ Hunter ] wrote:
Medication didn't fix any of the problems, they just added more (side effects, and it didn't address the underlying power issues).

Our child did not have enough power/agency/inner-directedness in his/her life, and according to some experts, that's often what underlies these diagnoses.

As soon as we addressed THAT problem, things turned around for our child. Our child is not on meds , no longer has those diagnoses, though I'll admit the route we took is not mainstream. Most parents and school staff, hospital staff, etc are not pro children having much power in their world.
Hatzlacha!

I agree with this
My child is younger with a lot of issues and this approach is working well with us

amother
Hunter

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:14 am
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
I agree with this
My child is younger with a lot of issues and this approach is working well with us

I think this approach could help adults too. I think it could reverse depression and other "mental illness" in adults.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:20 am

Hatzlacha!

Can you please explain this approach? I have never heard of this. I have 3 kids with various forms of adhd.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:25 am

Hatzlacha!

Can you elaborate on this?

amother
Milk

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:40 am
The psychotic thoughts are a big red flag for brain inflammation. Treating brain inflammation caused by chronic infections is the route that’s leading us to our happy ending iyh. We’ve already seen huge progress.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)