Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Any gymnastics fans here?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:35 pm
So curious if I'm the only one...
Did you watch nationals?
What did you think

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:44 pm
I saw a video casually. I don't really follow it but whenever I see a video I stare in awe

amother
Whitewash

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:14 pm
How did you watch it? I would love to.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:20 pm
amother [ Whitewash ] wrote:
How did you watch it? I would love to.

It was on NBC but should be posted to youtube by tomorrow probably
So sad for Morgan but so happy for Suni and Jordan!! (Everyone knew Simone was gonna win)
So curious who's gonna be the 4th on the team- I predict Riley for the second individual spot, maybe Emma for the 4th team member?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:22 pm
I am loving Chelsie Memmel. I know she's not making the team, but I feel like many people are watching her more than Simone. She's pretty amazing, and so real. And it's beyond strange having Nastia do commentary for her.

Jade Carey's double triple that she didn't do at nationals scares me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:25 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
I am loving Chelsie Memmel. I know she's not making the team, but I feel like many people are watching her more than Simone. She's pretty amazing, and so real. And it's beyond strange having Nastia do commentary for her.

Jade Carey's double triple that she didn't do at nationals scares me.

Chellsie is fantastic!!! Watching her makes me so happy Smile
As far as Jade goes, I think the double triple is super impressive but I don't think she's gonna throw it at the Olympics unless she gets it super clean and consistent before then. Not worth it for her otherwise

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 10:26 pm
Haven't seen the second night yet, but I just checked the results. I think they'll take Grace if she looks good and healthy at trials.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 11:16 pm
So they named the team. Thoughts?

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Jun 27 2021, 11:29 pm
I like mykayla’s story and I’m happy she made it. I don’t really follow gymnastics though, I just like to watch because it’s so incredible what these women do.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 7:35 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
So they named the team. Thoughts?

Devastated for Riley Sad
But so happy for Grace!!! She was far from a lock but she deserves it so much

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 25 2021, 11:56 pm
So sad for Mykayla Sad
Thrilled for Jade tho!!! Ahh

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:07 pm
I can’t believe Simone is out!

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:25 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
I can’t believe Simone is out!

I can't believe it either. I know it's cool and all and the new thing to "take a mental health day", but I honestly think it wasn't fair to her team members.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:29 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I can't believe it either. I know it's cool and all and the new thing to "take a mental health day", but I honestly think it wasn't fair to her team members.

Officially she felt she was going to let her down, or get injured if she Continues.
This game takes lots of focus and precision. If your not there mentally you fail.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:36 pm
I don't understand why they couldn't use an alternate, or Mckayla or Jade. Is there a deadline on that?

amother
DarkCyan

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:37 pm
imorethanamother wrote:

I think had she continued she would’ve pulled down the score. So really she was doing it for the team.

amother
Blueberry

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 7:04 pm
The question is if she goes to All Around and Event Finals.
Somehow it doesn't feel fair to me that she walks away from the team events, letting them down (even though she felt she couldn't do it).
And yet go and win multiple personal medals. I feel like she should step aside and let Skinner get a chance at vault.

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 7:15 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
I think had she continued she would’ve pulled down the score. So really she was doing it for the team.

Not necessarily. The point system is different. Her difficulty level is so high that even making huge mistakes, she's ahead of everyone else.

amother
Foxglove

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 7:20 pm
I'm really surprised at Biles pulling out. I can understand that it's so much pressure, but it feels like she doesn't want to be associated with a losing team. I'd rather have someone lose with grace and good sportsmanship.

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 7:26 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
I'm really surprised at Biles pulling out. I can understand that it's so much pressure, but it feels like she doesn't want to be associated with a losing team. I'd rather have someone lose with grace and good sportsmanship.

Simone is literally head and shoulders above anyone, anywhere. I don't think that was her perspective. Reading the news, it seems she's scared about Covid thanks to someone testing positive?
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics