Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Noam or Chaim Day Camp?

bookie

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 8:52 am
My son is in Kindergarten. I am having trouble deciding which camp to send him to. I asked where the boys in his school go and I was told Noam, Chaim, Masores, back yard camps.
If I register to Noam during January, camp will cost three hundred dollars less. However, I would only do that if I know that the two camps are equal. I have heard amazing things about Chaim but don't really know anyone that sent to Noam.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 5:59 am
Bump because I also want info on both camps please.

Thanks!

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 6:08 am
amother wrote:
Bump because I also want info on both camps please.

Thanks!

Both good camps. If you send kindergarten then both camps are similar in activities. Just need to be lucky to get good caring counselors

bookie

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 6:18 am
It's funny because I don't remember starting this thread. I sent my son to Chaim for 3 years. I was happy there they are very well run. However they didnt have too many late nights and their trips were not so exciting. Iyh this year I plan on sending to Noam. They have many more late nights and better trips.

artz

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 10:34 am
Just thinking that I have to post about these 2 camps Ds will be 6 then and going into first grade. He has been in a small daycamp til now which of the 2 is better for someone going into first grade

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 12:32 pm
Are you asking for preschool or school age?

I worked in Chaim Day Camp preschool for a few summers and I was very impressed. Safety is a top priority. There is a high camper to staff ratio. The activities are fun and the kids are kept busy and entertained a whole day. For swimming they hire lifeguards (many preschool day camps don’t and just rely on the morahs). It’s an expensive day camp but you are getting your money’s worth.

Sorry don’t know anything about the older division.

frumPA

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 2:12 pm
I sent my son to Noam the last few years. He is now in 2nd grade. I am very happy there. For older division they have many more late nights/trips than Chaim does and definitely seems like a better program. I will be sending my pre1a son this year too.

Ahuva's Mommy

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 3:28 pm
While I never sent to either camp, I have friends that sent to both. For a young child, I would definitely send to Chaim over Noam. Of course you have to know your child and their energy level, but in my opinion Noam starts having late nights at way too young an age. There were also too many of them. My friends' younger children were falling apart from too exhausting a schedule. At a young age, safety is key and low key is fine. Another thing that concerned me with Noam this summer was that they took the entire camp out to see the eclipse. Even if they provided the protective glasses for everybody, they couldn't have possibly had a good enough ratio to ensure that every single child was using the glasses properly and safely. I get the impression that excitement is paramount to safety in that camp.

bookie

Post Mon, Jan 08 2018, 3:30 pm
Ahuva's Mommy wrote:
While I never sent to either camp, I have friends that sent to both. For a young child, I would definitely send to Chaim over Noam. Of course you have to know your child and their energy level, but in my opinion Noam starts having late nights at way too young an age. There were also too many of them. My friends' younger children were falling apart from too exhausting a schedule. At a young age, safety is key and low key is fine. Another thing that concerned me with Noam this summer was that they took the entire camp out to see the eclipse. Even if they provided the protective glasses for everybody, they couldn't have possibly had a good enough ratio to ensure that every single child was using the glasses properly and safely. I get the impression that excitement is paramount to safety in that camp.

I agree with you. My son is on 3rd this year. I sent to Chaim when he was younger as I didnt want the crazy late nights but now I feel like he is old enough to handle it.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Apr 14 2021, 2:00 pm
Bump any info on these day camps or any other day camps for preschoolers?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 8:45 am
bump

amother
Opal

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 9:29 pm
BUmp

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 10:06 pm
For preschoolers the camps are pretty similar...the main difference in the older grades is that chaim focuses more on sports and noam does more trips and other activities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries