Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Atlanta info

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 04 2021, 10:50 am
Finally made the decision we have to move for the sake of our kids.

Any updated info on Atlanta and RW MO communities?

How is the Atlanta Jewish Academy? Have a soon to be 7th grade, 9th grader and 11th grader.

We have connections to Georgia but not Atlanta per se.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:11 am
Bumping. Hello? Anyone out there? I scanned previous Atlanta threads and gleaned some info.

Adding: Does Temima Girls High School have any sports teams by chance? Or sports activities of any kind besides gym? That would be a huge plus for my daughters.

What about the Torah Day school? Sports for girls? Again would be a huge plus.

Is the day school and girls high school in Toco Hills?

How is real estate these days in Toco Hills?

Is there a bus to AJA? I have one high schooler who doesn’t have the skills in limudei kodesh to go to yeshiva.

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:17 am
Bumping for you

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:22 am
sorry have no information for you

if no one else does either then id call the schools or look at their websites etc same with real estate
maybe a shul there could give you info as well
you have probably considered all this so then just giving you a bump

wishing you hatzlocha

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:32 am
I have cousins who live there and we've visited for a shabbos.
Beware of the traffic!
In terms of sports I don't know if there's anything official but my cousin's daughter ( elementary school) whose my daughter's pen pal told my daughter that she enjoys playing sports. She mentioned machanayim which is a common frum girls sport. Don't remember what else she said.

small bean

Post Sun, Jun 06 2021, 9:43 am
There are leagues for the girls. My nieces join.

If you pm me I can give you my sisters number. She's been living there for years. Both she and her husband work in the school.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 12:19 pm
AJA is in Sandy Springs- very modern orthodox- not RW Modern Orthodox. some families who send there are not frum- its a mix of modern/traditional type Jews
TDSA is the day school in Toco Hills- its a mix, but majority are Litvish some yeshivahs, some Chabad but they follow the shita of Beth Jacob which is the main Litvish shul here.

For Communities there Toco Hills, Sandy Springs and Dunwoody
Heres a video a Toco relator made recently about the communities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0MTLa0Ykc

Toco Hills is the main community and there's a big Litvish shul, 2 Sephardic shuls, Chabad, a few smaller minyan/shteibel type shuls and a large Kollel. Theres a local Mikvah, 3 kosher restaurants, kosher mini markets, kosher section in the supermarkets etc. Theres also a good eruv that's checked weekly. There is a lot of variety here in a small area. You pay for that- the housing market is very tight and very inflated. Its a typical eruv bubble with a catch- it happens to be inside the perimeter of atlanta, where real estate has been going up up up the last 10 years, its walking distance to Emory, CDC and very close to other very desirable neighborhoods such as Intown and Decatur. Theres a new Childrens hospital being built which will make the housing prices even higher. Most good houses go within a week, if that, and the good ones don't even make it to the market. A small 3-4 bedroom ranch that I would consider a teardown where I grew up in a NJ suburb, is 550k here. That said, the lots are wooded, you're living in nature and that's really special. Temima high school- a Bais Yaakov style high school is here and Beth Jacob Preschool. Theres also YOY a boys yeshivsh type mesifta From what I've heard there is usually a bus to AJA from Toco- but the Atlanta community in general has been obsessed with COVID- so there wasn't one this year. If you're interested in the response to COVID I can private message you how they reacted and still are, just let me know. Theres also a bus to Chaya Mushka from Toco.

Sandy Springs is 20 mins from Toco and has a large active Chabad and a RW Modern Orthodox. Both are growing very much. Kesher Torah just got a new Rabbi who used to work at Beth Jacob in Toco and people really like him. Theres a beautiful new Mikvah at the Chabad as well as an eruv. The housing market is also expensive there, but is a very desirable neighborhood for non frum people as well. The houses are much nicer in Sandy compared to Toco in general. Chaya Mushka Preschool and Elementary School are Montessori Jewish schools- more progressive child centered in Sandy. AJA is in Sandy Springs and has a sprawling campus.

Dunwoody is 10 minutes from Sandy Springs and 20 minutes from Toco Hills. They have a large thriving and growing Yeshivsh type outreach shul called Congreation Ariel. Its incredibly warm and has very active Rabbis who are passionate about Yiddishkeit. Theres a Mikvah and I believe there's an eruv. Theres a nice size Russian and Bukarian community who attend Ariel as well as Baal teshuvas and people who moved from Toco for a more suburban feel and a nicer house for cheaper then 'in town' which Toco is.

Thats Atlanta in a nutshell. Its the south so its very warm, but at the same time something that shocked me when I moved here is the growing amount of liberal and progressive types (not orthodox just in general) there's plenty of In this house we believe signs in front of peoples lawns in Atlanta...it used to be much more conservative but I think with people migrating from the north and a lot of LA transplants, it just brought these liberal types of ideas here. Its unfortunate- but I'm careful with what my kids are exposed to- and I think you have to be that way when you live 'out of town'. Your Childrens Yiddishkeit is really in your hands and the outside influences are not in favor of our type of lifestyle.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 6:05 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
AJA is in Sandy Springs- very modern orthodox- not RW Modern Orthodox. some families who send there are not frum- its a mix of modern/traditional type Jews
TDSA is the day school in Toco Hills- its a mix, but majority are Litvish some yeshivahs, some Chabad but they follow the shita of Beth Jacob which is the main Litvish shul here.

For Communities there Toco Hills, Sandy Springs and Dunwoody
Heres a video a Toco relator made recently about the communities:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il0MTLa0Ykc

Toco Hills is the main community and there's a big Litvish shul, 2 Sephardic shuls, Chabad, a few smaller minyan/shteibel type shuls and a large Kollel. Theres a local Mikvah, 3 kosher restaurants, kosher mini markets, kosher section in the supermarkets etc. Theres also a good eruv that's checked weekly. There is a lot of variety here in a small area. You pay for that- the housing market is very tight and very inflated. Its a typical eruv bubble with a catch- it happens to be inside the perimeter of atlanta, where real estate has been going up up up the last 10 years, its walking distance to Emory, CDC and very close to other very desirable neighborhoods such as Intown and Decatur. Theres a new Childrens hospital being built which will make the housing prices even higher. Most good houses go within a week, if that, and the good ones don't even make it to the market. A small 3-4 bedroom ranch that I would consider a teardown where I grew up in a NJ suburb, is 550k here. That said, the lots are wooded, you're living in nature and that's really special. Temima high school- a Bais Yaakov style high school is here and Beth Jacob Preschool. Theres also YOY a boys yeshivsh type mesifta From what I've heard there is usually a bus to AJA from Toco- but the Atlanta community in general has been obsessed with COVID- so there wasn't one this year. If you're interested in the response to COVID I can private message you how they reacted and still are, just let me know. Theres also a bus to Chaya Mushka from Toco.

Sandy Springs is 20 mins from Toco and has a large active Chabad and a RW Modern Orthodox. Both are growing very much. Kesher Torah just got a new Rabbi who used to work at Beth Jacob in Toco and people really like him. Theres a beautiful new Mikvah at the Chabad as well as an eruv. The housing market is also expensive there, but is a very desirable neighborhood for non frum people as well. The houses are much nicer in Sandy compared to Toco in general. Chaya Mushka Preschool and Elementary School are Montessori Jewish schools- more progressive child centered in Sandy. AJA is in Sandy Springs and has a sprawling campus.

Dunwoody is 10 minutes from Sandy Springs and 20 minutes from Toco Hills. They have a large thriving and growing Yeshivsh type outreach shul called Congreation Ariel. Its incredibly warm and has very active Rabbis who are passionate about Yiddishkeit. Theres a Mikvah and I believe there's an eruv. Theres a nice size Russian and Bukarian community who attend Ariel as well as Baal teshuvas and people who moved from Toco for a more suburban feel and a nicer house for cheaper then 'in town' which Toco is.

Thats Atlanta in a nutshell. Its the south so its very warm, but at the same time something that shocked me when I moved here is the growing amount of liberal and progressive types (not orthodox just in general) there's plenty of In this house we believe signs in front of peoples lawns in Atlanta...it used to be much more conservative but I think with people migrating from the north and a lot of LA transplants, it just brought these liberal types of ideas here. Its unfortunate- but I'm careful with what my kids are exposed to- and I think you have to be that way when you live 'out of town'. Your Childrens Yiddishkeit is really in your hands and the outside influences are not in favor of our type of lifestyle.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Where is the Sefardic community in Atlanta?

amother1223

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 9:19 pm
Ner hamizrach- Rabbi Koshkerman and there is a kollel in Toco

Netzach Yisrael- in Toco

Congregation Ariel in dunwoody has a sephardic minyan

Chabad of Israel in Chamblee- israeli outreach shul

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 3:00 pm
amother1223 wrote:
Ner hamizrach- Rabbi Koshkerman and there is a kollel in Toco

Netzach Yisrael- in Toco

Congregation Ariel in dunwoody has a sephardic minyan

Chabad of Israel in Chamblee- israeli outreach shul

Thank you so much!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating