Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
If your car service driver was watching videos on his phone

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:34 pm
If your car service driver was watching videos on his phone while driving, what would you do? Would you ask him to stop? Ignore it? Something else?

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:36 pm
I would, at the very least, report him.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:38 pm
I'm asking because today I asked my driver to stop watching videos while driving. He had just clicked to skip the ads while the car was moving. He told me to mind my own business, and that he didn't tell me to get off the phone when I was talking on it, and that if he was looking at his GPS it would be just as bad and that it's none of my business. I reported him to 311 after I got out of the car. But now I'm wondering if I was weird for even saying anything to him.

I know I wasn't wrong. He was definitely wrong. But would most people have ignored it rather than confront him? Or in today's sad world, has it become so common that people aren't even bothered anymore?

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:40 pm
You are the passenger. He is the driver. Didn’t he get that part?

Boca00

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:41 pm
You're totally right.
I would probably have just asked him to let me off there and booked another driver. And reported him, of course.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:49 pm
Honestly I would have asked him to stop and gotten out. I also would report him to whatever company he works for.

You were absolutely right to say something. At the end of the day, he is driving YOU and therefore putting YOUR life in danger by driving irresponsibly. How could he possibly pretend that’s none of your business?

taketwo

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 6:50 pm
I would probably be too chicken to say anything, but I definitely think his behavior is terrible. I would have silently davened my heart out until the ride was over and then report him after that.

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Jun 07 2021, 7:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If your car service driver was watching videos on his phone while driving, what would you do? Would you ask him to stop? Ignore it? Something else?

My uber driver did the exact same thing today and it was really nervewracking, did not like it one bit,
I was on such a tight time limit that I bit my tongue
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics