Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
A Doona literally is a stroller
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:04 pm
And a baby is not supposed to be in a stroller too long.

trixx

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:07 pm
It's literally a carseat on wheels.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:08 pm
A doona is a travel system.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:08 pm
I'm just shocked people pay so much for strollers and car seats. My lord don't you people have bills?!

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:09 pm
hodeez wrote:
I'm just shocked people pay so much for strollers and car seats. My lord don't you people have bills?!

A good expensive stroller is worth the investment %100. I can't say that same for a car seat.

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And a baby is not supposed to be in a stroller too long.

True, but the Doona is not a stroller. Its an infant car seat that can be wheeled around with a handle

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:11 pm
trixx wrote:
It's literally a carseat on wheels.

It's literally a stroller that can be folded and placed in the car.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:11 pm
"Transforms from Car Seat to Stroller in seconds"

Hmm, someone should sue them for false advertising.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:13 pm
hodeez wrote:

Good quality long lasting strollers do cost money. Do you know any that don't?

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:13 pm
It's a stroller in the sense that it strolls, but it does not allow the child to lay back flat, so it's not a "stroller", it's a wheeled car seat.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:14 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Good quality long lasting strollers do cost money. Do you know any that don't?

YES! my Graco travel system is amazing!

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:17 pm
hodeez wrote:

Why is it something to judge over? Its not something you feel is worth it to spend more on, thats fine. Some people (like me) think its worth it. Everyone is different

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:17 pm
From their website:

Quote:
The Doona is a safe alternative to your existing infant 0+ car seat only.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:21 pm
Also from their website:
Quote:
The sleek and stylish design allows you to navigate the streets at ease, without disturbing your sleeping child when hopping in a car, traveling by bus or walking up the stairs.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also from their website:
Quote:
The sleek and stylish design allows you to navigate the streets at ease, without disturbing your sleeping child when hopping in a car, traveling by bus or walking up the stairs.

And? It's not a stroller. They made very sure to say that it's an alternative to a car seat ONLY.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:23 pm
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Why is it something to judge over? Its not something you feel is worth it to spend more on, thats fine. Some people (like me) think its worth it. Everyone is different

My judgment is for the people who HAVE to get a bugaboo and doona because it's the 11th commandment for them. Not because it's safe or convenient or whatever, but because they need to spend money they don't have on a stroller just to be "with it". I guess this is a discussion for another time but the whole culture just irks me.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:25 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
And? It's not a stroller. They made very sure to say that it's an alternative to a car seat ONLY.

But they also explicitly call it a stroller on their site.
Quote:

Safer to use on stairs or escalators, at home, in your flat or at the tube station

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
"Transforms from Car Seat to Stroller in seconds"

Hmm, someone should sue them for false advertising.

Actually yeah. Just because a company uses a slogan to draw you in, does not mean its true.

Naked Juice claimed to be healthy. They got sued for false advertising. Yes, they have no "added sugars", but the sugar content is super high anyways. Sure, they're healthy- but only if you are comparing it to, say, mountain dew.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:26 pm
hodeez wrote:
YES! my Graco travel system is amazing!

A graco travel system will not be in excellent condition after being used for 6 kids. I bugaboo will. My 12 year old bugaboo is still in real excellent condition. It still pushes amazing. I have a graco travel system for when I travel, you cannot compare the push and quality. The graco is so heavy.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:26 pm
hodeez wrote:
My judgment is for the people who HAVE to get a bugaboo and doona because it's the 11th commandment for them. Not because it's safe or convenient or whatever, but because they need to spend money they don't have on a stroller just to be "with it". I guess this is a discussion for another time but the whole culture just irks me.

And even if it's convenient. So people are paying $500 for basically a more convenient snap n go, and these are people who for the most part can't afford that. It's no wonder they use it for everything - who can afford a regular stroller after paying that price?

And I'm not so sure it's all that convenient either...it's too low for tall mothers and too heavy for short mothers.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics