Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp agudah first timer help
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 11:56 am
Please help with what to send that isn't on the packing list...
Also, what kind of storage drawers/containers are ideal for the space that the boys get?
How much storage space does each boy have- cubbies? Shelves? Closet,?
As you can see I'm clueless.
Any extra advice or tips for a first timer?

TIA

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 12:32 pm
Get a large box for snacks. Some kids have the 3 drawer thing, but my kids dont. I send them with fabric boxes, 1 for pants, 1 for shirts and 1 box for linen and towels. Underwear is in mesh bags

Kids wear tshirt, sports pants like Tiros, sneakers, crocks, slides.

Let me know if you have any specific questions

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 2:10 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Get a large box for snacks. Some kids have the 3 drawer thing, but my kids dont. I send them with fabric boxes, 1 for pants, 1 for shirts and 1 box for linen and towels. Underwear is in mesh bags

Kids wear tshirt, sports pants like Tiros, sneakers, crocks, slides.

Let me know if you have any specific questions

Thanks!
For snacks, you mean like a plastic storage box?
How big are the fabric boxes? Just trying to get an idea of storage space in camp.

Do the tshirts have to be polos? Or ok to send all round neck?
Do they need regular weekday pants too, or all tiros? (My son says he only needs tiros!)
What do you store the shower stuff/toothbrush and toothpaste in?
What is the best way to help my son stay somewhat organized with all his stuff ?
Also, what is the laundry situation there? Like, do the boys send tzitzis/shabbos clothes to be washed as well? Or only underwear/pjs/sports clothes?

Sorry for so many questions!

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 2:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks!
For snacks, you mean like a plastic storage box?
How big are the fabric boxes? Just trying to get an idea of storage space in camp.

Do the tshirts have to be polos? Or ok to send all round neck?
Do they need regular weekday pants too, or all tiros? (My son says he only needs tiros!)
What do you store the shower stuff/toothbrush and toothpaste in?
What is the best way to help my son stay somewhat organized with all his stuff ?
Also, what is the laundry situation there? Like, do the boys send tzitzis/shabbos clothes to be washed as well? Or only underwear/pjs/sports clothes?

Sorry for so many questions!

I use the fabric boxed that target anf Amazing Savings sells. I pack in it.

The camp provides shelves. The boxes keep everything organized. This is the best option for my messy boys. I send a smaller plastic box with a lid for pens, papers, nail clipper, flashlight....

Baseball mitt is a must.

There is a shelf in the bathroom. I send a hard plastic for toothbrush/paste. I send a shower caddy, not a heavy one, mesh is fine, for shower stuff.

My kids dont use robes for showers. Some boys do.

Younger bunks wear a mix if shorts and long pants. Long pants is a must for shacris. Tiros are ok. I found them on Amazon for the best price. My kids dont wear anything else during the week.

Tshirt, regular round neck, logos are ok.

I send my kids with liquid detergent to wash their tzizes. We have a dont ask dont tell policy. Very Happy

Laundry is washed I think weekly. Everything thats washable is washed. I send my kids with a suit for shabbos that has washable pants, I buy an extra pants. I send enough towels so that they have pool and shower towels. Again, I don't ask questions. Bh camp has a policy that they must shower daily.

Let me know if I missed anything, or if your ds is over bar mitzvah, they have a diff dress code.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 4:46 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
I use the fabric boxed that target anf Amazing Savings sells. I pack in it.

Do you mean the fabric cubes that fold flat? How many do you buy?

amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
I
Younger bunks wear a mix if shorts and long pants. Long pants is a must for shacris. Tiros are ok. I found them on Amazon for the best price. My kids dont wear anything else during the week.

Curious how many tiros you send per kid. They are so pricey- I used to pay under $20 in the old days…

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 10:01 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Curious how many tiros you send per kid. They are so pricey- I used to pay under $20 in the old days…

Fabric boxes:
1 tshirts
1 pants
1 spare linen and towels. I put linen on the pillow and blanket.
3 Mesh bags for undershirts, underwear wear and socks

I usually figure it out as I pack.

Tiros can expensive. Shop around or mix with cheaper sport pants. Dansdeals just advertised them for sale on Amazon last week. I have paid $20 some years. My kids typically wear the same size for 2 years.

banana split

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 11:19 pm
Following. Ty so far!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:44 am
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Fabric boxes:
1 tshirts
1 pants
1 spare linen and towels. I put linen on the pillow and blanket.
3 Mesh bags for undershirts, underwear wear and socks

I usually figure it out as I pack.

Tiros can expensive. Shop around or mix with cheaper sport pants. Dansdeals just advertised them for sale on Amazon last week. I have paid $20 some years. My kids typically wear the same size for 2 years.

I love the idea of boxes, which I think I may look into a see through option, so my son can see which shirt/item he wants without dumping it out Can't Believe It

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I love the idea of boxes, which I think I may look into a see through option, so my son can see which shirt/item he wants without dumping it out Can't Believe It

Then maybe use the 3 drawer thing. There is no real room to store in so they keep it on the floor, against the bed.

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:05 am
How many tiros do you all send?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:07 am
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
How many tiros do you all send?

I send about 10.

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:08 am
also first timer at agudah and was wondering if most bring the 3 drawers thing

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:11 am
Also the rules say no camp chairs or lamps, do the boys bring anyways?

amother
Hyacinth

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:13 am
I don’t send to aguda, but a similar camp. My son already has around 7/8 pairs of Tiros cuz besides for school pants (and shabbos obviously!) that’s literally the only thing he wears. He doesn’t even want shorts for camp, JUST TIROS. But he wore the same size for a few years and when he went up in size younger brother got the hand me downs, so was worth it for me!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:39 am
I send the hard plastic clear 3 drawer they use as nightstand but can be kept in back too
I send a (shoe box sized) clear box for all toothbrush kind of things
I do a bottle of soap, shampoo, conditioner all in ONE (because... boys)
Deodorant
The boys wear tiros, not regular pants
Send enough towels for pool and shower
(Put money in his account for Canteen)
Order waters through the camp they bring labelled to bunk house
If he wears glasses maybe send an extra pair
My boys do wear a robe to pool
Extra set of linen
FAN!!
Flashlight
Tissue box
Sunscreen
I send a large flat plastic box for snacks and mini drinks
Label everything
Maybe white polo shirts for Shabbos afternoon if he’s young but during week I do not believe Polos are worn. Above Bar Mitzvah they must wear white shirts to davening. Many boys wear on top of there regular sports tshirt (just for davening)

amother
Tulip

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:00 am
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
Also the rules say no camp chairs or lamps, do the boys bring anyways?

Not sure if its a new rule, but my kids took along a camping chair the last few years they went.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 8:19 am
amother [ Oxfordblue ] wrote:
I send the hard plastic clear 3 drawer they use as nightstand but can be kept in back too
I send a (shoe box sized) clear box for all toothbrush kind of things
I do a bottle of soap, shampoo, conditioner all in ONE (because... boys)
Deodorant
The boys wear tiros, not regular pants
Send enough towels for pool and shower
(Put money in his account for Canteen)
Order waters through the camp they bring labelled to bunk house
If he wears glasses maybe send an extra pair
My boys do wear a robe to pool
Extra set of linen
FAN!!
Flashlight
Tissue box
Sunscreen
I send a large flat plastic box for snacks and mini drinks
Label everything
Maybe white polo shirts for Shabbos afternoon if he’s young but during week I do not believe Polos are worn. Above Bar Mitzvah they must wear white shirts to davening. Many boys wear on top of there regular sports tshirt (just for davening)

So you send the 3in 1 body wash, shampoo, conditioner? Very clever Wink Which brand makes this besides for the kids ones?

Does the camp have filtered water fountains / sinks to fill up water bottles? I can't imagine 1 case of water bottles being enough

amother
Daylily

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:51 pm
Hi - my boys have been there and are going back.
They wear tyros for their pants. I send ablut 7 pairs.
They do laundry once a week. Each boy gets their own laundry bag and number so it doesn’t get mixed up with the whole bunk.
The no chair rule is a new rule - don’t know how strict they’re going to be with it.
Also an adidas type bag is good for when they go on trips.
Happy to help with any other questions

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:39 am
What do you use to pack? A suitcase? Duffels? You send the 3 drawer thing empty or filled? How to fit a blanket?

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:58 am
We use amazing savings duffel bags. Pack quilts, towels... in them. We pack in the 3 drawer rubbermaid one drawer underwear, one tzitzis and undershirts... one can be pants or toiletries. But yes I pack in them and I use painters tape to tape around it so it doesn’t open while traveling.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps