Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Small appliance junkies: what's your favorite?
1  2  Next

mommyla

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:47 pm
I finally have space to store more small appliances, and I think I've gone a little overboard. Not sorry.

My whole family is crazy about our faithful countertop rotisserie, which is basically impossible to find these days. It's starting to make a funny noise after many years of use, but I'm choosing to ignore it...

The bread machine is a close second.

I bought an Instant Pot Duo Crisp (with air fryer) and not thrilled with it, though I haven't found that many dishes to make in it. Suggestions please?

What's your favorite?

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:51 pm
The bread machine and my kitchenaid stand mixer are two of my favorites. The kitchenaid is great because you can get a bunch of attachments for it that are like small appliances for the small appliance. I especially love the shredder and use it constantly. I also have a mini prep food processor in addition to my big food processor which is great for small things when I don’t want to clean the big one.

mommyla

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:55 pm
challahchallah wrote:
The bread machine and my kitchenaid stand mixer are two of my favorites. The kitchenaid is great because you can get a bunch of attachments for it that are like small appliances for the small appliance. I especially love the shredder and use it constantly. I also have a mini prep food processor in addition to my big food processor which is great for small things when I don’t want to clean the big one.

I have the mini prep too, haven't used it in ages though. And the KitchenAid I bought on Black Friday a few years ago is finally standing on my counter Very Happy I love the grinder attachment. What other attachments do you have and what do you use them for?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:58 pm
I love love love my citrus juicer. Gives me fresh orange or grapefuit juice in the a.m. in less than a minute. Way tastier than the ones sold in stores.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:59 pm
Keurig latte and cappuccino maker. My favorite small appliance of all time Very Happy

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C.....psc=1

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 10:03 pm
not sure about "favorite" but our cheese slicer is helpful when we want to.... cut cheese Wink it really works better then a knife.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 10:08 pm
mommyla wrote:
I have the mini prep too, haven't used it in ages though. And the KitchenAid I bought on Black Friday a few years ago is finally standing on my counter Very Happy I love the grinder attachment. What other attachments do you have and what do you use them for?

This is the cheese grater attachment and I use it probably 5 times a week. It also has a slicer. It’s so much easier to clean than my big food processor so I’m more likely to grab it for a quick job.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kitc.....07273

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 10:11 pm
curious- do you have two different stand mixers, or just different attachments, seems like a shredder is great for chicken and cheese grater for cheese...

tichellady

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 10:19 pm
Rice cooker, milk frother and bread machine

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 10:38 pm
Coffee machine and waffle maker - I'm crazy about my waffle maker.

Goody2shoes

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 10:55 pm
My Keurig comes in first thru 10th. 😉
I guess I'm just too addicted as is dh.

simba

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 11:11 pm
I generally try hard to keep my kitchen clear of small appliances so the ones I do keep are special.
Bosch Challah mixer.
Betty Croker Pizza thingy
And of course my Mr. Coffee
I have a 14 cu pl cuisinart
A ninja blender

I think that's it.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 11:11 pm
amother [ Alyssum ] wrote:
curious- do you have two different stand mixers, or just different attachments, seems like a shredder is great for chicken and cheese grater for cheese...

I have only one mixer, but my entire kitchen is dairy so I’m the wrong person to ask. I don’t have the grinder attachment. I’d imagine you could do both meat and milk on different attachments since nothing touches, but I’ve never looked into it personally.

mommyla

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:18 am
I use the grinder for meat but I don’t see why it would be a problem to use separate attachments for meat and dairy. Nothing touches the actual machine, each attachment has its own housing. I use the main mixer for pareve.

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:26 am
Thermomix no question. It includes multiple functions others have listed in this thread. But it's a bit pricey.

newyorkmom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 7:26 am
Love my instant pot !

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:43 am
I use immersion blenders for smoothies, soups and Shabbos dips. I need three for milchig fleishig and parve!

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:50 am
My air fryer!!!
I have the kind that looks like a toaster oven. I use it almost daily on the air fryer setting.

My definite second favorite is the bread machine. I have never baked in it, but I make challah dough weekly and pizza dough about once a month.

keym

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:52 am
I love my George Foreman with the detachable grates.

WaterKissed

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:01 pm
Egg cooker
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen