Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Looks can be deceiving

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 10:31 am
Quote:
I live in Crown Heights. Very small wealthy percentage. Let's say for clarity 80/20. But the stroller display would indicate the exact opposite. 80% have bugagboos.

I saw this in another thread (I think it was the one about a response to “don’t judge me” for something, I don’t remember.
How would you know, just from passing someone on the street, whether they bought a stroller themselves, got it on sale, bought a barely used stroller in excellent condition for dirt cheap (that’s what I did) or got it for free as a gift? I understood the comment in its context, but it’s still mistaken. So while 80% of crown heights might be walking around with super expensive strollers, it’s not a sign of anything.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:27 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Quote:
I live in Crown Heights. Very small wealthy percentage. Let's say for clarity 80/20. But the stroller display would indicate the exact opposite. 80% have bugagboos.

I saw this in another thread (I think it was the one about a response to “don’t judge me” for something, I don’t remember.
How would you know, just from passing someone on the street, whether they bought a stroller themselves, got it on sale, bought a barely used stroller in excellent condition for dirt cheap (that’s what I did) or got it for free as a gift? I understood the comment in its context, but it’s still mistaken. So while 80% of crown heights might be walking around with super expensive strollers, it’s not a sign of anything.

Or perhaps its a sign of the fact that these families live a more urban lifestyle, walking distances with strollers, or taking them on public transit, so they require more durable and lightweight strollers than suburban families who mostly travel by car, and use the stroller more for leisure than for transportation. So they invest more in a stroller out of necessity.

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:37 am
Why would you try to be dan l'kaf zechus if you can just judge people instead?
Rolling Eyes

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:56 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Why would you try to be dan l'kaf zechus if you can just judge people instead?
Rolling Eyes

Oh oops, my mistake!

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:10 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Oh oops, my mistake!

Exactly. You must be a terrible person, as well as your entire community.

(meow)

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:12 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Exactly. You must be a terrible person, as well as your entire community.

(meow)

Honestly, I don’t even pay attention to what strollers people have! There’s for sure something wrong with me…..

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:16 pm
It's possible that you're a stroller demon. The dangerous fire breathing type.

By the way, if you wanted to have a real thread I can stop and we can actually discuss this. But I'm having fun;)

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:19 pm
Crookshanks wrote:

By the way, if you wanted to have a real thread I can stop and we can actually discuss this. But I'm having fun;)

My kids certainly think I’m a fire breathing demon! And I don’t even scream that often…..

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:20 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
My kids certainly think I’m a fire breathing demon! And I don’t even scream that often…..

haha! Thanks for the laughs

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:21 pm
going back to the original topic
Ema of 4 that was very spot on. my friends with these fancy strollers are all struggling kollel couples but in my circles a mother will get her first stroller from her mil. so if the mil is anyway pauying why not go with the fanciest most expensive one?
honestly I would probably go with the nebbiest one just for a variety and I like to be different and original

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:21 pm
Crookshanks wrote:

Thanks for starting the fun, I love having fun too:)

Crookshanks

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:23 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:

Rolling Laughter
I'm a cat demon.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:25 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
going back to the original topic
Ema of 4 that was very spot on. my friends with these fancy strollers are all struggling kollel couples but in my circles a mother will get her first stroller from her mil. so if the mil is anyway pauying why not go with the fanciest most expensive one?
honestly I would probably go with the nebbiest one just for a variety and I like to be different and original

Like I said, I bought my expensive stroller for dirt cheap- $100 for a barely used bugaboo that also came with a bassinet and a complete set of other fabric.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:27 pm
Crookshanks wrote:

Totally didn’t see your fine print! No, keep the fun coming, and anyone else who wants to throw in fun one liners can do so too! There’s far too much seriousness in my life right now, I can use a good laugh.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics