Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Why are shaitel machers snobby??
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:57 pm
I’ve used numerous shaitel machers in the past few years and I feel that many of them are snobby and rude including their receptionists. It makes going to them an unpleasant ordeal every time! Why can’t they be warm and friendly to everyone regardless of how “in” their clients are or which brand wig they buy or don’t buy?? Are they really so full of themselves that they feel “better” than others? I wish I can find a shaitel macher that genuinely cares about her clients and is warm, friendly and gives all her clients the time of day they need during their appointment.

amother
Vanilla

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:59 pm
Agree. I felt like such a neb when I bought my sheitels. Like looked down upon and snobbed out. And was very surprised at the treatment as I usually get good treatment when I shop and or deal with people

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 3:01 pm
The one I use is super nice sweet and friendly!

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve used numerous shaitel machers in the past few years and I feel that many of them are snobby and rude including their receptionists. It makes going to them an unpleasant ordeal every time! Why can’t they be warm and friendly to everyone regardless of how “in” their clients are or which brand wig they buy or don’t buy?? Are they really so full of themselves that they feel “better” than others? I wish I can find a shaitel macher that genuinely cares about her clients and is warm, friendly and gives all her clients the time of day they need during their appointment.

I've been to plenty of sheital machers that are super friendly and easy going but I don't consider myself "a cut above", so maybe I dont go to the brand names ladies. If both the receptionist and the sheital machers is snobby I wouldve dropped them.

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 3:04 pm
Where do you live? If you live in my area I can recommend a nice one (or two).

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 3:07 pm
Where do you live? Of the 3 shaitel machers I’ve been to, all were super nice and friendly.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 3:40 pm
It’s true.

I once was treated so beautifully bc I was wearing designer brand shoes and a handbag. Literally was treated first class service.

The next time I came I was in gym attire and none blinked.

I see this time and time again. But I agree. The Sheital macher should have a pleasant vibe and sometimes you just want to run out as quick as you came in.

Yes. I have changed wig services and will not go back their bn.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:26 pm
So true! The person I used on my wedding day was so snobby. On the other hand, I used Tova Treisser for my shaitels when I got married, and even though one shaitel was from a tzedakah organization, she was so nice and treated me just the same as anyone else. I was very very impressed!

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:52 pm
It's the personality not the profession.
Plenty of friendly normal sheitelmachers out there.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:56 pm
It's starts off with them putting up boundaries because people take advantage of their time and they lose money, and then it turns into snobbery with only certain people being paid attention to and the rest thrown to the side as the people that aren't worth their time. 😥 It's awful.

realsilver

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It's starts off with them putting up boundaries because people take advantage of their time and they lose money, and then it turns into snobbery with only certain people being paid attention to and the rest thrown to the side as the people that aren't worth their time. 😥 It's awful.

I was just going to say this. Its unfortunate.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:07 pm
And may I add

I love social media but a wedding wig and hair stylist complained today on her social media stories “ I’m so tired. It was such a long day. . I can’t wait for Shabbos”

If I was the person sitting on the chair just before she publicly announced that to 1000”s of ppl. and watched her stories right after I would be disgusted. I just paid u a fortune. U didn’t work for free. We scrape out $1000 plus a day for their service. They are allowed to be tired but don’t broadcast it as if your the only one that works so hard. This wasn’t the only time she mentions it. Like almost every wk.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:15 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
And may I add

I love social media but a wedding wig and hair stylist complained today on her social media stories “ I’m so tired. It was such a long day. . I can’t wait for Shabbos”

If I was the person sitting on the chair just before she publicly announced that to 1000”s of ppl. and watched her stories right after I would be disgusted. I just paid u a fortune. U didn’t work for free. We scrape out $1000 plus a day for their service. They are allowed to be tired but don’t broadcast it as if your the only one that works so hard. This wasn’t the only time she mentions it. Like almost every wk.

Wait she's not allowed to be tired because she's making money???

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:15 pm
If you live in Lakewood I can give you names of 2
Sweetest ladies youll ever meet

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:48 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Wait she's not allowed to be tired because she's making money???
[b]

No. Bc they feel so entitled. Do I go to the bakery and the baker announces “here’s the bread and gosh I’m so tired” I worked hard all day to the customer??

I’ve serviced people many times. I would never announce I’m tired after. Not etiquette.maybe to a friend privately. Not after each job that services the public. It’s just snobby sounding like she had to work for us and it was a bother ....

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:52 pm
My Sheitel Macher was once telling me how people take advantage of herald drive her crazy, and how she had to put up boundaries, and she says and now people wonder why I’m rude...
But anyways I also use different Sheitel Macher that’s always nice and friendly.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:55 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=.....;t=1s

rmbg

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:00 pm
HeartyAppetite wrote:
My Sheitel Macher was once telling me how people take advantage of herald drive her crazy, and how she had to put up boundaries, and she says and now people wonder why I’m rude...
But anyways I also use different Sheitel Macher that’s always nice and friendly.

If she knew how to make proper boundaries it wouldn’t come off as rude. Rudeness in the name of Boundaries is a lame excuse.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:11 pm
I've experienced this too. Once they reach a certain status in the community, you better be cool and rich to have them deign to act friendly with you. I bought a wig from someone who always posts the finished look on her Instagram page. I've never made the cut, and even though I really don't need my photo on her page, it's the actions behind the scenes that bother me.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:20 pm
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
I've experienced this too. Once they reach a certain status in the community, you better be cool and rich to have them deign to act friendly with you. I
Quote:
bought a wig from someone who always posts the finished look on her Instagram pa
ge. I've never made the cut, and even though I really don't need my photo on her page, it's the actions behind the scenes that bother me.

Mine always begs me to post a pix of me on Instagram. She knows I always says no and she makes me feel so stupid by taking tonz of pix and says I won’t post it. But then why are u taking my pix. I give in and say take a pix but don’t post. I still really am mad but she doesn’t get it that we want privacy.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels