Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wunderwig edge

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 10 2020, 10:03 pm
Did anyone buy one? Are you happy with it? How's the comfort? Hair quality? And how much did you pay?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 10:56 am
Bump. Anyone?

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 9:01 pm
Bump, I'm interested as well!

flmommy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 9:14 pm
Me too!

TBW

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 9:44 pm
Ok, I'll bite. I bought one about 6 months ago and paid about $1500/1600 which included minor 'tweaks'. lt is fantastic and I and wear it almost every day, including shabbos, with a pretty hair tie or scrunchie.

It comes as a lace front and lace top, inventory was limited (due to covid manufacturing delays I was told) and I ended up with a lace front though I would've loved to at least see a lace top to compare, supposedly it lays a little bit flatter on top. I do find the lace front needs a little finessing when putting it one, but really not any more or less than any regular lace front wig. Hair quality seems fine, though I'm no maven...maybe comparable to my Irene.

I love love not having hair on my neck, especially as the weather is getting warner. It really is super comfortable, like wear all day comfortable but it is still a wig.

I did not look into any other pony wigs to compare but I've heard there are other great options.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 9:53 pm
Thanks for the info!

How long is yours? What kind of length ponytail does that translate into (does the end reach the bottom of your neck, between your shoulder blades etc)?
Are you able to wear it fully down or half up?

Where did you get it from? Directly from Yonit or from a local shaitelmacher?

Do you remember the other brands you were told about?

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 10:47 pm
I like mine but didn’t think I could wear it on shabbos. Hmm maybe I should get a scrunchie though no one in my area really wears a pony on shabbos.

I bought from someone in Lakewood, I think it’s a 16 inch, it’s plenty long on me because my head isn’t especially large.

TBW

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 4:00 pm
How long is yours? I got the shorter version, I think maybe 14"

What kind of length ponytail does that translate into?
The pony is about 10-12" The pony it plenty long enough for me and it feels very real and not wiggy. It falls well between my shoulder blades, even when in a higher pony, especially with a lower one.

Are you able to wear it fully down or half up?: I wear it fully up, not sure how the half up would work since you can't really wear the wig down (bottom wefts are sewn 'up' when you let it down the back doesn't lie right)

Where did you get it from? Directly from Yonit or from a local shaitelmacher? I got it locally though I did speak with Yonit over the phone and she was very gracious and helpful.

I think Milano and Renaissance both make full pony wigs

Hope that helps!

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 4:35 pm
TBW wrote:
How long is yours? I got the shorter version, I think maybe 14"

What kind of length ponytail does that translate into?
The pony is about 10-12" The pony it plenty long enough for me and it feels very real and not wiggy. It falls well between my shoulder blades, even when in a higher pony, especially with a lower one.

Are you able to wear it fully down or half up?: I wear it fully up, not sure how the half up would work since you can't really wear the wig down (bottom wefts are sewn 'up' when you let it down the back doesn't lie right)

Where did you get it from? Directly from Yonit or from a local shaitelmacher? I got it locally though I did speak with Yonit over the phone and she was very gracious and helpful.

I think Milano and Renaissance both make full pony wigs

Hope that helps!

The woman I bought mine from showed me how it looks worn half up. Apparently a lot of people do wear it that way. I didn’t love the style on me but it does work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels