Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help me with my shower issue

peanut1

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:37 am
I have a shower stall in my master bathroom. When the water is on it sprays all over the floor. Hence my bathroom room is forever wet and disgusting.
I've tried a shower mat outside the shower but it doesn't help and it too gets gross.
Any suggestions?

aycg

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:38 am
Do you use a shower curtain and liner?

dena613

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:41 am
Does your shower have a bath-like wall, for lack of better words?
Like in EY, some little showers (non baths) have nothing but a curtain... If you're talking about that, maybe post under israeli forum, because I have no idea

Last edited by dena613 on Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

womanwithaplan

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:41 am
Are you using a good quality waterproof shower curtain? If not get one. Maybe add an extra vinyl layer underneath.

Is the rod sitting high enough to prevent water from spraying out on top, above the curtain?

If you're ready to invest and upgrade your bathroom, you could consider installing a custom glass shower door.

peanut1

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:47 am
Sorry was unclear. Its a standard shower with glass doors.
When we open it to turn the shower on it sprays outside the shower all over.

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:55 am
Can you reposition the shower head? Have it replaced to a handheld so it can be moved prior to turning on the water? It not you may unfortunately need to go in the cold shower before turning the water on.

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:56 am
peanut1 wrote:

I think the only solution is to only turn on the shower once you're in the stall. Or try to see if you can turn the shower head facing all the way downwards towards the wall.

s c

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:23 am
Am really not understanding the problem. If you have a glass door or wall and not just a curtain it really shouldn't leak out. Check/redo the silicone all around or get a better fitting glass door.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:39 am
You should call a handyman to fix your shower door. It sounds like it doesn’t have a good seal.

crbc

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 10:01 am
We have a similar bathtub and we turn the shower head to face the wall when we turn the shower on while standing outside the bathtub. We live in a rental, and originally there was a non-movable shower head, but we replaced it with the one that moves sideways and up and down. GL.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 10:02 am
It just sounds like when you open the door to turn on the water, it sprays out then? I have the same kind of shower and I just reach my arm in a crack, turn the water on, close the door, and quickly get in in a second when it’s hot (it’s not big enough for me to stand in the shower while the water is heating up). I have a towel/bath mat outside the door and it hardly gets wet. I make sure the shower head is facing the wall too.

nanny24/7

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 10:12 am
If that bathroom has a sink you can run the hot water on the sink on before you want to shower until thw water coming is very hot. That way as soon as you turn the shower on it will only be a mere few secomds before the shower water is hot. The hot water pipes are connected in that way for bathrooms.

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 11:29 am
peanut1 wrote:

Why do you need to turn on the water before you go in? Go into the shower and then turn on the water. Turn the shower head away from yourself if you need to regulate the water temperature.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics