Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
If prominent trusted doctors are recommending the vaccine,
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 10:50 am
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
He had covid and has antibodies. Why does he need to mask? Being a doctor I would assume he is well aware of the risks he is taking.

Exactly. He is. Until he was diagnosed with MS he was also the chief physician in the ER. He went to a well regarded medical school.

I have zero regard for the fear mongering, vaccine and drug pushing doctors who wouldn't even do their jobs and see their sick patients this year. That's not being in the business of healing.

I vaccinate my children. I use abx and fever reducers when necessary. I keep sick kids home. I take sick kids to the doctor when I need them to be seen.

But every single doctor I know and trust who has a thriving practice and actually cares for his patients does not believe this specific vaccine should be pushed or coerced onto the population. Some took it and some didn't. Those who did have it already and took the therapeutics the world was rallying against did well and don't feel the need to vaccinate themselves as they do have immunity.

They are angry about how the broader medical world has approached this. And if they speak up they are told they are irresponsible or quacks. But this pediatrician is actually busier than before. Seems like people would rather use a doctor who actually wants to treat their children as opposed to sending a child away. And they want to smile at their patients and make them feel empowered and brave.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 11:09 am
Firstly I think you should stop calling people antivaxxers. Polarizing the issue automatically politicizes it and blurs the truth
Listen to what doctors and people with first hand experience are saying and warning about. Most doctors are echoing a recommendation.
Doctors can be amazing.
But recommending the covid vaxx at this point is not based on expertise. A doctor may have expertise in many areas , but not on the covid vaxx.
Medicine has also become increasingly hierarchical. With new edicts coming from cdc or misrad
Habriut dictating what doctors should or should not recommend. Doctors are not liable. And while they may mean well, this is not a display of a direct doctor patient relationship.
Aside from all the reports of adverse events and concerns being expressed, there is much that is UNKNOWN.
That means that the most amazing doctor on earth does not know what he does not know.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 12:00 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
I don’t see why you would ever go to or ask a doctor anything anyway. I know more than these doctors do anyway from following Insta. I don’t have a filter on my computer and I know how to Google. Dr. Google is a genius it knows everything.
Doctors spend their whole day busy in the hospital or office treating patients. That takes up a lot of their time. I have way more time than they do to look things up on the internet. Clearly I am much better informed.

If only Dr. Google did surgery too.....

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:05 pm
If you use dr..google and ir doesn't say cancer than you're using dr. Google wrong.

Seriously though it's the worst thing that happened to doctors and a really useful tool for patients with a diagnosis.

amother
Blueberry

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 1:22 pm
fleetwood wrote:
If only Dr. Google did surgery too.....

You can do it yourself.
In the 90’s SNL had an infomercial (somewhere between Schmidt’s beer and the Adobo car) where they sold a kit so you could be your own surgeon. They also had a lung brush for smokers and and a dental one so you can do your own root canals too!

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:02 pm
I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if I'm repeating something.
Firstly, there are prominent doctors on both sides of the argument.
Secondly, doctors in most countries are bound by laws that dictate what they are or are not allowed to recommend to their patients. And if they go against those laws they risk losing their license.
So the ones that are talking publicly against the vaccine are doing it at great risk.
I once asked my pediatrician about the flu vaccine for 1 of my children. His response was "the cdc recommends that any child above 6 month should receive the vaccine" I asked my question a few different ways and his answer remained the same. He is not legally allowed to tell me to go against the cdc recommendation.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:11 pm
I dont know any of the doctors you speak of (and Fauci is a proven fraud and liar so we dont take him seriously). My personal doctor who I have known for years told me to hold off on taking the vaccine and I trust her and follow her advice so I will hold off on taking the vaccine. I am not anti-vax as I take the yearly flu shot and my doctor has taken the covid vaccine so her advice has nothing to do with her beliefs but everything to do with what is best for me.

Not sure why so many people, who are not doctors, are pushing a vaccine we know so little about. Everyone should consult with their own doctors to see what would be best for them instead of relying on doctors who know nothing about them (but may be getting paid to push the vaccine as we know there is lots of funding to promote it).

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:17 pm
As an individual do your due dilligence

As a soceity , do you want to be like Israel or like India

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 2:25 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
As an individual do your due dilligence

As a soceity , do you want to be like Israel or like India

The counties in India that implemented ivermectin saw a 90+% decrease within 3 weeks. Israel had its first wave a year ago. No country that had a first wave, had a second wave that was equally on par with its first wave in terms of deaths.

HealthCoach

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:09 am
Quote:
Yes, another Covid thread.

DH and I disagree on the safety of the Covid vaccine.

DH says "If prominent trusted doctors all over the world are recommending the vaccine, how can the risk be as great as the anti-vax movement says there is?" (anti-vaxers say it was barely tested, being the first vaccine ever given without years of testing on animals, etc.).

I say: Doctors can be very bright, but by and large, theyre SHEEPLES of the AMA and most doctors wouldnt publicly go against the AMA and other major health organizations. Going against the AMA and other health organizations, ruins doctors reputations for life, and gets them labeled as "quacks".

Anti vaxers are saying that years later if people get seriously ill, they can NOT sue the manufacturers of the vaccine, because the manufacturers arranged a law to go into effect to cover them from lawsuits.

DH says if they knowingly covered up and knew its more harmful than what theyre admitting to, they can be sued.

Anyhow, who wants to sue, because it doesnt bring peoples health back.

Exactly. Both Pfizer and J&J had to pay a lot in damages for products they sold that they knew were harmful and continued selling. I guess it must be profitable even after paying damages in lawsuits. Even if they are not immune now, which I believe they are, how does that help?

mommy201

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:45 am
I actually met with an OBGYN from a reputable practice in NJ and he is very anti this COVID vax. He said there are doctors that are not into it but are afraid for their jobs and their licenses and they lose privileges in the hospitals. He said he’s almost sure he will have to fight soon about operating on patients since he believes they won’t allow unvaccinated doctors in.
I asked him why so many doctors are pushing it on younger, healthy ppl, immune ppl and how crazy now, even children. He thinks that doctors are not necessarily evil but they are conditioned to follow cdc guidelines and this is really what they think is right.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 2:35 am
mommy201 wrote:
I actually met with an OBGYN from a reputable practice in NJ and he is very anti this COVID vax. He said there are doctors that are not into it but are afraid for their jobs and their licenses and they lose privileges in the hospitals. He said he’s almost sure he will have to fight soon about operating on patients since he believes they won’t allow unvaccinated doctors in.
I asked him why so many doctors are pushing it on younger, healthy ppl, immune ppl and how crazy now, even children. He thinks that doctors are not necessarily evil but they are conditioned to follow cdc guidelines and this is really what they think is right.

In other words, doctors are not allowed to think. They have to "follow orders."

So how can you trust their advice, if doctors are not free to disagree with "recommendations"
that are really orders?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:40 am
I'm going to try to read the thread but a few quick thoughts:
1. Prominent doctors doesn't mean anything. There could be other prominent doctors on the other side, like dueling banjos. However, if it's your trusted doctor or someone you really like, ok, take things seriously. (Inexplicably, the overwhelming majority of American endocrinologists favor the most draconian, and irreversible, treatment for hyperthyroidism as the first option. So you have to do your own due diligence.)

2. But when it comes to this, it might be useful to hear not just the technical medical details pro and con but some hashkafa. Google Rabbi Akiva Tatz the Lone Ranger for a shiur he's been giving this year. Food for thought and discussion.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:53 am
I don’t see why you would ever go to or ask a doctor anything anyway. I know more than these doctors do anyway from following Insta. I don’t have a filter on my computer and I know how to Google. Dr. Google is a genius it knows everything.
Doctors spend their whole day busy in the hospital or office treating patients. That takes up a lot of their time. I have way more time than they do to look things up on the internet. Clearly I am much better informed.

You also prescribe yourself the right meds if needed? Wow. I use Google a lot as well but I can't prescribe myself stuff.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:00 am
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
You also prescribe yourself the right meds if needed? Wow. I use Google a lot as well but I can't prescribe myself stuff.

My comments was bitter bitter sarcastic. I cannot believe anyone would be this idiotic as to think Google is a substitute for actual medical advice. I thought it was amply clear as I wrote the doctors waste their day treatment patients and I do nothing all day but scroll the internet. Furthermore, I would think that my follow up comment about doing my own surgery from a kit found on a Saturday Night Live skit would have emphasized how clear moronic the idea is. I guess I am dealing with a different population than I am accustomed to.

Hashem should have rachmanus on us all.

amother
Forsythia

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 4:04 pm
My comments was bitter bitter sarcastic. I cannot believe anyone would be this idiotic as to think Google is a substitute for actual medical advice. I thought it was amply clear as I wrote the doctors waste their day treatment patients and I do nothing all day but scroll the internet. Furthermore, I would think that my follow up comment about doing my own surgery from a kit found on a Saturday Night Live skit would have emphasized how clear moronic the idea is. I guess I am dealing with a different population than I am accustomed to.

Hashem should have rachmanus on us all.

Oh I didn't read your 2nd post or the 1st one properly. I thought you were being serious 😂

amother
Anemone

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 8:49 am
The Pele Yoetz says that if 99 doctors say something is ok, and 1 or 2 say it is harmful, you need to listen to the warning of the 1 or 2, though in this case it's way more than 1 or 2.

amother
Daisy

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 8:56 am
The medical establishment has been in bed with govt and pharma for a long time now. This isn’t news.
Im not into “prominent trusted” doctors. They don’t have more information than me. Pubmed happened a while ago.
Also, the current western medical paradigm is very broken, they approach things from the wrong angle, so even if their data is correct, their solutions are all wrong.
That’s really all there is too it.

mamabird73

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 9:05 am
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
You make a good point. But I'm too Covid weary. (Is there a term for it?)
Let's discuss marvelous middos machine instead....

I'm with you. I love the marvelous middos machine....

amother
Carnation

Post Fri, Sep 10 2021, 10:22 am
Is it enough that I have a God given right to body autonomy????
Why is the government in charge of my body?
If someone is worried about getting sick they can choose to mask and choose to vaccinate and choose to stay away from me. I am not actively sick.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics