Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Still think Covid is "nothing" for young people?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 7:26 am
Someone I know almost died yesterday.
Young woman. No prior health concerns.
She had a mild case of covid early in her pregancy.
Gave birth and almost bled to death. Placenta was FULL of blood clots.
They said they've been seeing a lot of this in women who had covid while pregnant. Some women didn't make it Sad

Jewishmom8

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 7:28 am
yes, covid and pregnancy is really not good.
I have heard many bad stories.....
but I still would not vax my young children. The vast majority of them have no symptoms.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:07 am
I wasn't talking about young children here at all Scratching Head
Though now that YOU brought it up, I do know a few children who have symptoms and complications many months after having mild cases of Covid. Some still have no taste and smell. Some have post viral syndrome. One has permanent lung damage. So I will be vaccinating my children as they are eligible.

trixx

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:08 am
1. Did she take therapeutics
2. The vaccine also causes clotting

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:13 am
Young people died after vaccine too.

Last edited by #BestBubby on Thu, Jun 10 2021, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:21 am
That’s very scary.
But that’s 1 story.
There is also 1 story about someone who got the vax and had a miscarriage or a preemie or also probably almost died from something related

The virus. The vaccine. You can pick your poison because in the end the results of what will happen to you is up to HaShem.
You feel it’s your duty to get the vaccine. Get it
You feel it’s your duty to get the virus. Probably already had it.

We can all share one story of how the virus and vaccine have hurt someone.

Move on!!

flowergirl8

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:26 am
Pregnancy is considered an increased risk with covid.
You can't compare it to 12 year olds who, for the most part, end up with mild colds at worst.

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:28 am
imagirl wrote:
Pregnancy is considered an increased risk with covid.
You can't compare it to 12 year olds who, for the most part, end up with mild colds at worst.

But there are many women who have had covid and had healthy babies

Same thing you’re saying can be said about vaccine. Many women lost their babies after getting the vaccine. Or had preemies. Clots. Etc
And many women are okay and have healthy babies.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:31 am
You say she was pregnant.
For all intents and purposes that not considered healthy to the medical community. Pregnancy puts a strain on the body.
And for all those that say they know someone that was healthy.... I also know someone that was young and healthy and got covid, was on a vent, it's over a year later since then and he's still in rehab. It came out about a month ago that he has cancer, and had it before he got covid. Only his wife knew. So no, he wasn't healthy.
I'm not saying it's the case for everyone but in many cases of young, healthy people getting sick it can very well be that there is something there that you don't know about.

flowergirl8

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:31 am
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
But there are many women who have had covid and had healthy babies

Same thing you’re saying can be said about vaccine. Many women lost their babies after getting the vaccine. Or had preemies. Clots. Etc
And many women are okay and have healthy babies.

You seem to have misunderstood what I am saying.
This OP is telling everyone that covid is dangerous for young people. And I am telling her that pregnancy is a higher risk condition. That doesn't mean ALL those who are pregnant will have a severe case. But it's more of a risk - meaning OP was lumping young healthy people together with those who are higher risk. Her logic is flawed

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:32 am
imagirl wrote:
You seem to have misunderstood what I am saying.
This OP is telling everyone that covid is dangerous for young people. And I am telling her that pregnancy is a higher risk condition. That doesn't mean ALL those who are pregnant will have a severe case. But it's more of a risk - meaning OP was lumping young healthy people together with those who are higher risk. Her logic is flawed

Okay. Agreed

smss

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:48 am
trixx wrote:

2. The vaccine also causes clotting

You mean, ONE of the vaccines has a small risk of clots. So get a different one then...

amother
Jasmine

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:50 am
smss wrote:
You mean, ONE of the vaccines has a small risk of clots. So get a different one then...

No pretty sure they’ve all caused clotting. Just one more than the others

miami85

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 11:13 am
Young and healthy people can die from the flu. They can die from being struck by lightning, being struck by a car, or any number of other natural or rare causes.

I once heard a profound statement that "the only thing people in the obituaries have in common is that they died".

The issue is that was ONE case--where there were other complicating factors such as pregnancy. I know one woman my age in her 30s who also had complications from covid and nearly died, but she didn't.

There will never be 0 risk, but if something has little risk, then we have to be allowed to live our lives. We have to trust that Hashem knows where we are and if we are meant to get it, we will get it. If we are meant to die from it, we will die from it. We can't wear masks forever, we can't stay socially distant forever. A vaccine is a personal choice based on one's own personal risk assessment. If you get the vaccine it means that you would rather the side effects and risks of the vaccine OVER getting the virus.

We have to understand that as much as Covid-19 was a devastating illness for many people around the world, there were those who exaggerated *various aspects* of it and mitigating circumstances in order to get Biden elected. SARS and MERS, Swine and Avian Flu were also very tricky viruses that threatened public health, but were not treated with nearly the same level of restriction, economic impact or political sway.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 11:25 am
That’s very scary.
But that’s 1 story.
There is also 1 story about someone who got the vax and had a miscarriage or a preemie or also probably almost died from something related

The virus. The vaccine. You can pick your poison because in the end the results of what will happen to you is up to HaShem.
You feel it’s your duty to get the vaccine. Get it
You feel it’s your duty to get the virus. Probably already had it.

We can all share one story of how the virus and vaccine have hurt someone.

Move on!!
Such a sensible post! I really appreciated it!

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:01 pm

Correct. There's another thread going on now about irregular menstrual cycles following the vaccine. All the vaccines are known to have this effect that relates to bleeding. Same with reports of post menopausal women having bleeding. That's not menstrual bleeding, it's bleeding.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:09 pm
You know what I find interesting?

Let's say this women would have gotten the covid vaccine during pregnancy and not covid. Then during childbirth she most died from blood clots. What would have been the reaction? Would they have blamed the clots on the vaccine and used this story to scare pregnant women? Would there have been a thread titled here "still think the vaccine is nothing for young people?"

Or would they have just dismissed it and said, nah it's just a coincidence, there's no link between vaccine in pregnancy and clots in the placenta, clots happen all the time, maybe she had other problems that caused clots, theres no proof etc etc etc

amother
DarkKhaki

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:10 pm
I had COVID resulting in a miss with a hemorrhage full of clots.

My friend took the vaccines, a few months later got COVID and months later is still in icu....

My friend’s family member took the vaccines and wasn’t alive within 24 hours after the second shot.

I know both ways - damage from COVID and from the vaccine. It’s a risk each person has to weigh on their own and not be forced one way or another.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 12:12 pm
No one ever said pregnant women who get covid arent more at risk...
They do not go into the category of healthy, young people...

amother
Feverfew

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 2:15 pm

The British strain was landing pregnant women in the hospital, giving birth to preemies, losing their lives or almost losing their lives.

When pregnant women started getting the vaccine (in Israel) we stopped seeing pregnant women who were fine one day and in critical condition the next, women stopped losing their babies to corona, there were less preemies, no more pregnant women dying unexpectedly due to covid issues...

Take what you want. It's pretty obvious which is the lower risk.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics