Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Fill in the blank. If I were a SAHM I would....
Previous  1  2

amother
Heather

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 7:51 pm
I’m a SAHM of a toddler and a baby and I don’t have time for many of the things listed here.

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 7:57 pm
Some say lose my mind

I say shoot my self in the head

A bit dramatic, yes. But that was my gut response to this topic

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:07 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
I’m a SAHM of a toddler and a baby and I don’t have time for many of the things listed here.

Same! Lol but I know I'll go back to work once they're in school.

amother
Oldlace

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:22 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:

I think I would bec I work full time as engineer with many children including toddlers home with me many hours. (Keep babies home until age 2)

saw50st8

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 10:14 pm
Only have half the responsibility! It would be glorious!

OP I totally commiserate with the dinner thing. Now that I'm working from home, it's a lot easier. Are you looking for any ideas on how to cook dinner while working full time? I can share some that worked for me if you like.

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 12:11 am
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
And I prepare dinner early in the day only BECAUSE I work.....I'd rather wake up a half-hour earlier to prepare dinner so I can give my kids the attention after work/school.

I don't think she meant to shame at all.
I'm the same way.
in the summer when I don't work I am so much more lazy about supper...it's 545 and I realize HELP!! nothing on the horizon!!
but when I'm working during the year, supper prep is something I'm thinking about on sunday already!! some days I walk in the door after 4, drop my things, take off my sheital, then run to the bus stop to collect my kids...and they come off the bus sooo hungry, I just gotta have a hot supper for them..I've realized that even if it's super simple, if it's hot and right out of the oven they will usually eat it..
(while they get started on some hot food like soup or whatever, I might add something fresh like a salad or veggie platter..)
so I became a master at 5 minute suppers!! Literally!! I prep in the morning before I go to work and delay bake... and I use my freezer for suppers also (anytime I have extra anything, I label and put in the freezer and then I use for suppers...)

amother
Rainbow

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 12:14 am
pizzapie wrote:
I would probably be unproductive and not get anymore done around the house than I already do. I would also probably go stir fry crazy. (Speaking from experience, I was a SAHM of several babies for several months before I started my job).

I can't like this enough. I feel the same way. I need the energy of the work place to get me moving...
I'd rather pay more for cleaning help or other shortcuts (obviously not at the expense of spending time with my kis) so I can work..

amother
Junglegreen

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 12:20 am
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
Always make supper for DH. I literally don't have energy to sometimes and I hate it.

Are you me?

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 12:47 am
not have to stress about not having time to get all my after hours unpaid for work projects done .....

not have to stress about my job performance/write ups which is based on favoritism and not on what I actually do...

have more time /energy to help my 2 very challenging "slower" children with hw and basics like reading practice/help and studying...

be calmer because I would have the same amount of housework/raising children responsibilities but I would have more time because I wouldnt have to devote evening/weekend hours for my job ..etc

be able to take a walk in the middle of the day when everything is calmer/more empty

not have to worry about getting home right before shabbat/yom tov...

make fresh food right before shabbos(I do this now that im remote bec of covid)

im very organized and ambitious/ doer"" so I would definitely not lose my mind being a sahm

amother
Chambray

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 12:53 am
I'd be a calm mother.
I'd be a calm mother.
I'd be a calm person.
I'd be a calm mother.
That about sums it up for me.

HelloG

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
I’m a SAHM and don’t prep dinner in the morning nor do I take power naps 🙂

thanks loads for making me feel better. me too

amother
Mimosa

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 2:24 pm
I thought I'd do a that as a sahm. So I left my job. And I did great for a while. Then my baby turned into a needy 5 mth old and all my sahm dreams went to pieces. Then he got better and I had a BC fail and pregnancy made me slow and lazy and tired and sick. All my sahm dreams yet again to pieces.

For the most part the most organized and productive days of my life were when I was working mom. And if I ever slipped at least there was no guilt because I was working. Now I slip all day every day and I hate myself for it because I'm not even working!

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 3:02 pm
Yes, it is very hard to motivate yourself when you are a SAHM.

The work feels like drudgery because it is never finished - as soon as you clean a room -
the kids mess it up, as soon as you finish laundry - there's another pile, and people demand
to eat supper every day....

amother
Heather

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 3:06 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
I think I would bec I work full time as engineer with many children including toddlers home with me many hours. (Keep babies home until age 2)

That would be impossible with my children.

newyorkmom

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 4:11 pm
Clean more
Organize more
Cook more
Exercise more
Would probably feel bored a lot but would be nice to have a chance to focus on my home and my self more with the extra time
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics