Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Am I a bad mom?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:06 pm
How do I know if I'm a bad mom? I have ADD and tend to get overwhelmed easily. Plus I need ALOT of head space which can sometimes cause me to be submissive to my DC.
How do I know I'm not damaging them? How can I be more selfless and patient?

hodeez

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:07 pm
What are you doing to manage your ADD?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:18 pm
I usually take medication but can't now because of pregnancy.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 5:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I usually take medication but can't now because of pregnancy.

Did you talk to a therapist/psychologist about going off your medication to become pregnant?

banana123

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 9:47 am
amother [ Crocus ] wrote:
Did you talk to a therapist/psychologist about going off your medication to become pregnant?

That's really not your business and it's completely irrelevant to the OP's question.

Maybe talking to a therapist/ psychologist before having another baby would make her an outstanding mother. But not consulting with someone like that before going off ADHD medication makes her a normal mother, not a bad mother.

She asked if she is a bad mother.

singleagain

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 9:57 am
banana123 wrote:
That's really not your business and it's completely irrelevant to the OP's question.

Maybe talking to a therapist/ psychologist before having another baby would make her an outstanding mother. But not consulting with someone like that before going off ADHD medication makes her a normal mother, not a bad mother.

She asked if she is a bad mother.

Voice to text disclaimer

It's actually not irrelevant because there are ways to go off medication in pregnancy first of all you should never go off a medication without a doctor supervising it and especially for pregnancy because there are so many other things that are happening and there are some medicines that are safe to take for pregnancy So asking the question is not necessarily irrelevant

Anytime you go on or off medication it to be under the supervision of a doctor

banana123

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:05 am
That's correct, but A) if she is taking medication and she is not currently on it I think we can assume she spoke to her doctor first, B) the question in this context implies that this is at the core of whether or not she is a bad mother, or relevant to whether she is a bad mother. And it's just not.

Success10

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 10:51 am
There is no perfect mother. A good mother is one that acknowledges her shortcomings and works her hardest to improve each day.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Tue, Jun 15 2021, 7:07 pm
No way to really answer you without a ton more details but I just want to say I totally understand what you're going through. I have ADD and am pregnant and have reduced my medication dosage by so much I hardly feel like it's doing anything at all and it is HARD.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics