Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Still think Covid is "nothing" for young people?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ora_43

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 2:23 pm
miami85 wrote:
Young and healthy people can die from the flu. They can die from being struck by lightning, being struck by a car, or any number of other natural or rare causes.

And the minute that we have significant numbers of posters saying that lightning isn't really as dangerous as Big Pharma wants you to think it is, I'm sure we'll have arguments about that, too.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 2:36 pm
miami85 wrote:
Young and healthy people can die from the flu. They can die from being struck by lightning, being struck by a car, or any number of other natural or rare causes.

I once heard a profound statement that "the only thing people in the obituaries have in common is that they died".

The issue is that was ONE case--where there were other complicating factors such as pregnancy. I know one woman my age in her 30s who also had complications from covid and nearly died, but she didn't.

There will never be 0 risk, but if something has little risk, then we have to be allowed to live our lives. We have to trust that Hashem knows where we are and if we are meant to get it, we will get it. If we are meant to die from it, we will die from it. We can't wear masks forever, we can't stay socially distant forever. A vaccine is a personal choice based on one's own personal risk assessment. If you get the vaccine it means that you would rather the side effects and risks of the vaccine OVER getting the virus.

We have to understand that as much as Covid-19 was a devastating illness for many people around the world, there were those who exaggerated *various aspects* of it and mitigating circumstances in order to get Biden elected. SARS and MERS, Swine and Avian Flu were also very tricky viruses that threatened public health, but were not treated with nearly the same level of restriction, economic impact or political sway.

Yes,you can die from lightning or cars and that's exactly why we take precautions. If there is lightning we don't sit in front of an open field. If we ride bikes at night we wear reflectors do cars can see us. We take precautions during an earthquake,,we don't smoke do hopefully we won't get lung cancer. We vaccinate( which was also created by H') as a precaution. We wear masks as a precaution. We constantly take precautions in our daily lives. Do you wear a seatbelt? Do you cross while cars are speeding? You don't..these are precautions like the vaccine.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 2:55 pm
As the wife of an mfm - the high risk community of ob's is recommending the vaccine during pregnancy UNLEES there are other health factors.

chanatron1000

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:20 pm
miami85 wrote:

And that is why we should do everything possible to eradicate the flu, to avoid getting hit or letting people get hit by lightning, and so on.

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 4:41 pm
My daughter had that. A placenta full of blood clots and hemorrhage at birth. That was before covid.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:41 pm
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
The British strain was landing pregnant women in the hospital, giving birth to preemies, losing their lives or almost losing their lives.

When pregnant women started getting the vaccine (in Israel) we stopped seeing pregnant women who were fine one day and in critical condition the next, women stopped losing their babies to corona, there were less preemies, no more pregnant women dying unexpectedly due to covid issues...

Take what you want. It's pretty obvious which is the lower risk.

But there's no actual evidence that the British strain was more lethal for pregnant women, just hysterical media reports...

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone I know almost died yesterday.
Young woman. No prior health concerns.
She had a mild case of covid early in her pregancy.
Gave birth and almost bled to death. Placenta was FULL of blood clots.
They said they've been seeing a lot of this in women who had covid while pregnant. Some women didn't make it Sad

Hey op, still think eating chicken off the bone is nothing? Look at this guy.

https://www.chicagotribune.com......html

Still think lightning is not dangerous? Look at this story.

https://6abc.com/weather/autho.....0637/

Op do you use elevators? Don't you know they can be deadly?

https://www.today.com/news/bos.....91892

amother
Poppy

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:50 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Yes,you can die from lightning or cars and that's exactly why we take precautions. If there is lightning we don't sit in front of an open field. If we ride bikes at night we wear reflectors do cars can see us. We take precautions during an earthquake,,we don't smoke do hopefully we won't get lung cancer. We vaccinate( which was also created by H') as a precaution. We wear masks as a precaution. We constantly take precautions in our daily lives. Do you wear a seatbelt? Do you cross while cars are speeding? You don't..these are precautions like the vaccine.

Stop with the common sense. You are way to logical for this site.

small bean

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:57 pm
I still think it's no big deal for the young and healthy and bringing stories won't change my mind.

small bean

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:59 pm
amother [ Electricblue ] wrote:
My daughter had that. A placenta full of blood clots and hemorrhage at birth. That was before covid.
[I]

About 1 in every 100 births have this.

Up to 5% of post partum women hemorrhage.

small bean

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:02 pm
fleetwood wrote:

Do you eat too much? Drink sugar drinks? Exercise everyday?

Obesity is a huge issue in america and the number 1 killer. I don't see poeple taking precautions there?

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:05 pm
small bean wrote:

Obesity is a huge issue in america and the number 1 killer. I don't see poeple taking precautions there?

No, instead they are giving out free donuts, fries, and wine for taking the vaccine.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:15 pm
fleetwood wrote:

You're negating the entire argument regarding the pros and cons of vaccinating, particularly with young healthy people.

NOBODY argues wearing a seatbelt is a good safety idea. NOBODY would tell you that smoking isn't harmful. NOBODY would tell you that being in an open field during a lightning storm isn't dangerous.

Plenty of doctors would tell you that the risks of a 25 year old healthy person taking the vaccine outweigh the benefits.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:21 pm
amother [ Poppy ] wrote:
Stop with the common sense. You are way to logical for this site.

This is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me on imamother!!

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:25 pm
small bean wrote:

Actually I don't drink sugary drinks and I do exercise. My dad died when I was six of a heart attack. Therefore I do take precautions. I eat well,don't drink,don't smoke and see a cardiologist yearly. Yes..I take precautions.

And most people I know take precautions against obesity..I don't know anyone who just eats and drinks whatever they want.. people take precautions...

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:28 pm
amother [ Seablue ] wrote:
You're negating the entire argument regarding the pros and cons of vaccinating, particularly with young healthy people.

NOBODY argues wearing a seatbelt is a good safety idea. NOBODY would tell you that smoking isn't harmful. NOBODY would tell you that being in an open field during a lightning storm isn't dangerous.

Plenty of doctors would tell you that the risks of a 25 year old healthy person taking the vaccine outweigh the benefits.

My point was to ,I think it was Miami..that likened covid to other occurrence. She said that covid happens,just like lightning strikes or just like people get hit by cars. I think her point was that we don't stay in the house to avoid lighting so we should act the same with covid and not think it's a big deal. My answer was that with all these things we try to avoid..and by taking the vaccine we are hoping to avoid covid .

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:29 pm
small bean wrote:
I still think it's no big deal for the young and healthy and bringing stories won't change my mind.

Nobody is trying to change your mind,just stop trying to change ours.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:32 pm
fleetwood wrote:
My point was to ,I think it was Miami..that likened covid to other occurrence. She said that covid happens,just like lightning strikes or just like people get hit by cars. I think her point was that we don't stay in the house to avoid lighting so we should act the same with covid and not think it's a big deal. My answer was that with all these things we try to avoid..and by taking the vaccine we are hoping to avoid covid .

The problem is by taking the vaccine you may be giving yourself the exact problem you were trying to avoid...or worse.

mfb

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone I know almost died yesterday.
Young woman. No prior health concerns.
She had a mild case of covid early in her pregancy.
Gave birth and almost bled to death. Placenta was FULL of blood clots.
They said they've been seeing a lot of this in women who had covid while pregnant. Some women didn't make it Sad

Actually they are going to have a meeting soon because they are seeing to many cases of heart inflammation in teens after the vaccine.
I’m usually pro vaccine but this one really scares me.

small bean

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:33 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Actually I don't drink sugary drinks and I do exercise. My dad died when I was six of a heart attack. Therefore I do take precautions. I eat well,don't drink,don't smoke and see a cardiologist yearly. Yes..I take precautions.

And most people I know take precautions against obesity..I don't know anyone who just eats and drinks whatever they want.. people take precautions...

Good for you. But look around at people's shopping carts. Most are not eating remotely healthy. It is the number 1 killer in the US. You can't deny that most people are not serious about it.

On average in america 38.87 gallons of soda per person in America per year.

Americans have the least healthy diet.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics