Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti-vaxxers stop it. If you don’t want it don’t take it.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:28 pm
Half these responses don’t age well. I think it’s silly to strongly believe anything at this point. “Science” is changing daily. Just stop. Everyone should be saying we don’t know and we will try xyz because it seems to have good results right now.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:35 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nope. Not everyone who had covid has antibodies. Those who do have may lose them..

Same with the vaccine.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:35 pm
small bean wrote:
Every time I open my phone, I get a popup asking me if I want help getting the vaccine. I get popups if I want to know if I was exposed to covid. I get multiple emails a day from my state asking me to vaccinate or just vaccine info. I don't feel harassed. I ignore because that's what mature people do.

I don't feel harassed by emails and I get hundreds every week.

Okay, well, there was a period of time when men would try to send me private messages on social media several times a week, and I didn't feel harassed, so I guess no one should feel harassed.

And when I get the same person calling me over and over for tzedaka or to convince me to change my cell phone plan I don't feel harassed, so no one should ever feel harassed.

You do realize that judging what counts as harassment by how YOU feel about that situation de-legitimizes victims, right? And you essentially implied that mature people don't feel harassed in situations in which you personally do not feel harassed.

PS, can you disable popups?

PPS I have no stake in this, I receive no emails and see no popups on to vax or not to vax, because I am in Israel and there is no spam on this issue. (I do receive many text messages urging me to join petitions or vote for certain parties or join their demonstrations or whatever...)

I do take issue with you deciding how OP should feel because "mature" people won't feel harassed by so many emails. (BTW she said she gets it IRL as well...) It's just de-legitimizing. Would you do the same if someone were to complain of catcalls, stares, or unwanted touch?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:37 pm
small bean wrote:
Who's trying to save the world?

Maybe people are bored and find this interesting. No one is harassing you here or forcing you to participate.

I usually don't participate. I was bored today and annoyed so I decided to open this thread. Tongue Out

Anyways I was quoting OP, not my personal opinion.

small bean

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:40 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Okay, well, there was a period of time when men would try to send me private messages on social media several times a week, and I didn't feel harassed, so I guess no one should feel harassed.

And when I get the same person calling me over and over for tzedaka or to convince me to change my cell phone plan I don't feel harassed, so no one should ever feel harassed.

You do realize that judging what counts as harassment by how YOU feel about that situation de-legitimizes victims, right? And you essentially implied that mature people don't feel harassed in situations in which you personally do not feel harassed.

PS, can you disable popups?

PPS I have no stake in this, I receive no emails and see no popups on to vax or not to vax, because I am in Israel and there is no spam on this issue. (I do receive many text messages urging me to join petitions or vote for certain parties or join their demonstrations or whatever...)

I do take issue with you deciding how OP should feel because "mature" people won't feel harassed by so many emails. (BTW she said she gets it IRL as well...) It's just de-legitimizing. Would you do the same if someone were to complain of catcalls, stares, or unwanted touch?

Getting emails and texts from friends is not harassment. She can talk to them and say please stop.

You probably can disbale whatever you want, I honestly don't pay it enough attention to do it.

I read her post as I don't want to hear antivax stuff because it offends me and just pointing out that it's a 2 way street here.

I don't care to hear either side because no one will change my mind at this point. Every medical professional I discussed this with, agrees with me that the vaccine is unnecessary for those that had covid. No one makes me feel guilty or bad because I own my decisoons and Im an adult. I'm responsilbe for my actions.

ETA claiming harassment on stupidity is an immaturity and also acting like a victim. Which are probably the biggest issues in todays culture accross the world.

Last edited by small bean on Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:41 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Same with the vaccine.

True. But the vaccine never was intended to grant full immunity. It is to lessen the risk of hospitalization and death. Once your natural antibodies are gone you're on your own. As in the case of my acquaintance who died after catching covid a second time.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 4:43 pm
fleetwood wrote:
True. But the vaccine never was intended to grant full immunity. It is to lessen the risk of hospitalization and death. Once your natural antibodies are gone you're on your own. As in the case of my acquaintance who died after catching covid a second time.

And once the vaccine goes your own your own. As in the case of people who cought covid and died after getting the vaccine.

Bottom line there are no guarantees. Do what you feel comfortable with.

mimom

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:44 pm
Because they are concerned that if they don't speak up now, vaccine will be forced on everyone.

amother
Pansy

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 5:47 pm
mimom wrote:
Because they are concerned that if they don't speak up now, vaccine will be forced on everyone.

They're so annoying I'm tempted to inject them myself. If anything, the vaccine is more likely to be forced now.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:37 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Yup. The constant threads opened up here about the evils of the vaccine need to stop already.

You don’t really have to read every single thread. If you don’t like the thread, just don’t read it. Personally, I have more important things to do than tell people what they can or can’t discuss.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jun 09 2021, 6:38 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Exactly the point. So can the threads stop? It's enough already. No one will change their mind, so stop trying to save the world.

So you want ALL discussions to stop regarding the covid vaccine?

shaqued_almond

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 2:32 pm
Anti vaxxers are literally making up lies about the covid vaccine, like claiming that people who died in accident got the vaccine and therefore died. Masks help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. How does a respiratory disease spread? Because of droplets you cough/sneeze out. The more droplets, the higher the likelihood of infecting others. All places that implemented masks saw a drop in cases. So antimaskers are either willfully ignorant, or they don't understand biology.

And yes, you can email your friends but if you constantly badger them with emails they won't like it.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:01 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
So you want ALL discussions to stop regarding the covid vaccine?

Why not? The only thing that might be relevant to post is new research as it comes out.

Everything else is just beating a dead horse even after it is bleeding profusely.

ETA there are people with specific questions so of course anyone who has a question should post and anyone who knows the answer should respond. But that doesn't equal spamming every question about the issue with "did you try hcq and vitamin D," unless the question is about that specifically.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:03 pm
shaqued_almond wrote:
Anti vaxxers are literally making up lies about the covid vaccine, like claiming that people who died in accident got the vaccine and therefore died. Masks help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases. How does a respiratory disease spread? Because of droplets you cough/sneeze out. The more droplets, the higher the likelihood of infecting others. All places that implemented masks saw a drop in cases. So antimaskers are either willfully ignorant, or they don't understand biology.

And yes, you can email your friends but if you constantly badger them with emails they won't like it.

Texas dropped the mandate and didn't see an increase in cases. Same with many other places.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:06 pm
small bean wrote:
Getting emails and texts from friends is not harassment. She can talk to them and say please stop.

You probably can disbale whatever you want, I honestly don't pay it enough attention to do it.

I read her post as I don't want to hear antivax stuff because it offends me and just pointing out that it's a 2 way street here.

I don't care to hear either side because no one will change my mind at this point. Every medical professional I discussed this with, agrees with me that the vaccine is unnecessary for those that had covid. No one makes me feel guilty or bad because I own my decisoons and Im an adult. I'm responsilbe for my actions.

ETA claiming harassment on stupidity is an immaturity and also acting like a victim. Which are probably the biggest issues in todays culture accross the world.

Yes it is a two-way street. But the anti-vax stuff appears in every thread even when it's not related to what the OP posted. It's the same information being repeated over and over as if none of us have ever heard it or seen it before.

No one will change anyone's mind, so why can't people answer the specific question and not try to brainwash the OP into changing her mind on the issue at large?

I agree with your ETA - those are probably the biggest issues in today's culture. Yes. I don't think every claim of harassment is stupid, though many are. But I don't think it's okay to de-legitimize some people who claim harassment while supporting others.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:12 pm
Texas dropped the mandate and didn't see an increase in cases. Same with many other places.

There are so many variables that factor into that...

Here are some of them:
1) is testing easy, convenient, affordable, available? Has that changed since the mandate was dropped?
2) were people adhering to the mask mandate before it was dropped?
3) Texas is huge; are you comparing specific localities or looking at the state as a whole?
4) how are the hospitalizations and deaths? Many people simply are not tested, or are not tested in time.
5) how available are vaccinations?
6) how widespread are variants?
7) at what point did they drop their mask mandate?

I could go on....

mizle10

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 3:15 pm
Because if everyone around them is vaccinated they will lose their periods 😂

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:14 pm
small bean wrote:
So news today and were supposed to just follow what were being told.

New study finds that the use of weight-adjusted hydroxychloroquine & azithromycin improved survival of ventilated COVID-19 patients by nearly 200% - medRxiv

So states that banned this and now tell you to vax. We should trust them?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.....rcent

Study shows hydroxychloroquine and zinc treatments increased coronavirus survival rate by almost three times

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:33 pm
amother [ Pear ] wrote:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/study-hydroxychloroquine-increase-survival-rate-200-percent

Study shows hydroxychloroquine and zinc treatments increased coronavirus survival rate by almost three times

But people who said hcq works were called "crazy" and "conspiracy theorists".

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:54 pm
But people who said hcq works were called "crazy" and "conspiracy theorists".

Just like people who say the Covid Vax is too risky are called "crazy" and "conspiracy theorists."

Time will tell.

Eventually the Truth comes out.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics