Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Still think Covid is "nothing" for young people?
Previous  1  2  3

small bean

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:41 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nobody is trying to change your mind,just stop trying to change ours.

Change your mind?

I'm not trying to convince you of anything.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:49 pm
mfb wrote:
Actually they are going to have a meeting soon because they are seeing to many cases of heart inflammation in teens after the vaccine.
I’m usually pro vaccine but this one really scares me.

Yes, and in Germany they now officially recommended against the vaccine for ages 12 through 18.

shaqued_almond

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:53 pm
Why do some women here try to argue points citing vague, hearsay evidence. It's one thing to say that you personally know someone affected but to claim that the vaccine does XYZ because maybe, I'm pretty sure I heard that some people somewhere or had side effects that sound worse in my opinion, is a bit ridiculous. And no, if your anecdotal evidence is the aunt's cousin of a neighbor's friend then you don't actually know them personally.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 6:56 pm
shaqued_almond wrote:
Why do some women here try to argue points citing vague, hearsay evidence. It's one thing to say that you personally know someone affected but to claim that the vaccine does XYZ because maybe, I'm pretty sure I heard that some people somewhere or had side effects that sound worse in my opinion, is a bit ridiculous. And no, if your anecdotal evidence is the aunt's cousin of a neighbor's friend then you don't actually know them personally.

Same goes for covid claims, like the point of this very thread. Fear mongering to convince people to get the vaccine.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 7:01 pm
shaqued_almond wrote:

Um, the first post in this thread is literally an example of anecdotal evidence. Someone had mild covid during pregnancy and then had clots at birth. Is there any scientific proof that the two events are related? How can anyone claim that covid in early pregnancy causes clots at birth, based on this one anecdote

pause

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 8:14 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
That’s very scary.
But that’s 1 story.
There is also 1 story about someone who got the vax and had a miscarriage or a preemie or also probably almost died from something related

The virus. The vaccine. You can pick your poison because in the end the results of what will happen to you is up to HaShem.
You feel it’s your duty to get the vaccine. Get it
You feel it’s your duty to get the virus. Probably already had it.

We can all share one story of how the virus and vaccine have hurt someone.

Move on!!

This.
As more time passes, it becomes more and more obvious (to me, at least) how Hashem runs the world and He will do whatever He wants despite any hishtadlus we might do or not do. I'm saying this based on people my family lost during Covid.

(I posted this awhile back but got flak about drowning and a life boat and a helicopter... LOL)

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 9:50 pm
But why do we believe the vaccine is safer?

Almost has many young ppl reported heart issues from vaccine as young ppl that died. 15 young ppl are still in intensive care from heart issues after getting the vaccine.

That doesn’t sound like a better solution.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jun 10 2021, 10:32 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Nobody is trying to change your mind,just stop trying to change ours.

How could anyone change your mind. you already took the vaccine. If You're not trying to change other ppl's mind then why respond the same thing to every single covid thread?

amother
Feverfew

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 12:39 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
But there's no actual evidence that the British strain was more lethal for pregnant women, just hysterical media reports...

And reports by the directors of hospital wards...I write news. I read their statements. My colleagues interviewed some of those doctors. It's not just "hysterical media reports."

Rappel

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 2:15 am
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
The British strain was landing pregnant women in the hospital, giving birth to preemies, losing their lives or almost losing their lives.

When pregnant women started getting the vaccine (in Israel) we stopped seeing pregnant women who were fine one day and in critical condition the next, women stopped losing their babies to corona, there were less preemies, no more pregnant women dying unexpectedly due to covid issues...

Take what you want. It's pretty obvious which is the lower risk.

Agreed. I don't have any studies, but I'm on the meal train committee in my town. We do a lot to look out for our birth mothers. Among women whom had Corona during pregnancy, a huge number gave birth or were delivered early, due to complications, blood clots, failure to thrive in the womb. A higher than usual number of miscarriages which were late enough to know about. It was very noticeable. There was even a stillbirth - blood clots blocked oxygen to the baby and it died in its 9th month. Preeclampsia through the roof. It was horrid.

Vaccine came around, and... Nothing. Roughly the same number of births this year and last year, but women are now carrying them to term, and having normal births, and normal sized babies again. We've had two births with problems in the last few months -- both moms had recovered from Corona.

For me, that's enough.

fleetwood

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 3:35 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
How could anyone change your mind. you already took the vaccine. If You're not trying to change other ppl's mind then why respond the same thing to every single covid thread?

Not trying to convince anyone..but I do have the right to respond to fallacies..
Did you look up all my responses to see if they are exactly the same..that's kinda weird but to each his own ,at least I don't go amother to comment. Different arguments get different responses from me. Trust me,I could care less if you vaccinate. But I do care when you try to convince others not to vaccinate bec of fallacies and false arguments.

shaqued_almond

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 5:51 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Um, the first post in this thread is literally an example of anecdotal evidence.

Yes but she's close to this person and actually knows her, whereas other people over here try to counter with anecdotal evidence of people they don't know closely. What I'm saying is, you can't really dispute anecdotal evidence unless you know the person yourself or they are statistically irrelevant. Her friend did almost die and according to what the doctors know they think it's because of covid.

amother
Seablue

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 6:04 am
shaqued_almond wrote:
Yes but she's close to this person and actually knows her, whereas other people over here try to counter with anecdotal evidence of people they don't know closely. What I'm saying is, you can't really dispute anecdotal evidence unless you know the person yourself or they are statistically irrelevant. Her friend did almost die and according to what the doctors know they think it's because of covid.

The op's personal example is still the classic definition of anecdotal evidence. The fact that she's knows the person doesn't change a thing. It's no different then saying I know a person who was involved in an elevator accident and therefore I say elevators are dangerous. It's silly and completely nonsensical.

The op knows a young person who had a dangerously hard case of Covid. According to the op, this proves Covid is dangerous in young people. This completely ignores the data that factored in millions of Covid cases in young people that demonstrate that Covid is by and large not harmful for younger people.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 7:40 am
shaqued_almond wrote:

Ok, so let's I would post a very similar thread with one minor difference- someone who I know and who I am close with took the covid VACCINE in pregnancy and had clots/bleeding at birth. And now I'm using that personal anecdote to fear monger and show everyone how the vaccine is not "nothing for young people"

Would you have accepted that? Or would it have been dismissed- nah, it's just a coincidence, theres no proof the two are related, stop spreading misinformation etc etc etc

FTR I am not anti the covid vax at all. I just think we need to be fair. If anecdotal evidence is enough to fear monger about covid, then anecdotal evidence should be enough to fear monger about the covid vaccine

OP's post is absolutely meaningless unless there is scientific data with sources to back it up

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 9:03 am
amother [ Feverfew ] wrote:
And reports by the directors of hospital wards...I write news. I read their statements. My colleagues interviewed some of those doctors. It's not just "hysterical media reports."

This is the same as the post above about basing perceptions and opinions around anecdotal reports, except that as a news headline writer you have the ability to influence people.

Strange I haven't seen headlines profiling the EMS workers crying about the sudden surge in calls for heart attack and stroke victims who were recently vaccinated, or pharmacy owners saying multitudes of their elderly clients died after getting the vaccine and family members therefore called to cancel prescriptions.

Now the heart inflammation cases became impossible to ignore because there are so many of them and the victims are so young. I'm waiting to read front page headlines about hospital directors saying they've never had so many cases of myocarditis in young men before, that the official statement from the CDC is merely the tip of the iceberg.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:03 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
This is the same as the post above about basing perceptions and opinions around anecdotal reports, except that as a news headline writer you have the ability to influence people.

Strange I haven't seen headlines profiling the EMS workers crying about the sudden surge in calls for heart attack and stroke victims who were recently vaccinated, or pharmacy owners saying multitudes of their elderly clients died after getting the vaccine and family members therefore called to cancel prescriptions.

Now the heart inflammation cases became impossible to ignore because there are so many of them and the victims are so young. I'm waiting to read front page headlines about hospital directors saying they've never had so many cases of myocarditis in young men before, that the official statement from the CDC is merely the tip of the iceberg.

Exactly.

When News Papers report SOME Truths and HIDE other Truths, it is NOT news -

it is PROPAGANDA.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics