Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Duplex apartment- kids bedrooms downstairs

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 3:55 am
Master bedroom is upstairs, kids on main floor.
Would you rent an apartment like this?

Elfrida

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 4:03 am
Do you mean that the upper floor only consists of one room, which is the master bedroom? If there is more than one room there, then maybe you could rearrange things a bit.

We grew up in a three storey house, with my parents on the second floor and us on the third floor. There was a very small room next to theirs, which was known as the baby's room, and anyone who wasn't old enough to climb stairs safely slept there. Apart from that there was never any real issue. If anything, it meant that the parents got a bit more privacy.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 4:39 am
Many split level homes have bedrooms downstairs.
Kids on the main floor could be woken by any late night activity or guests.

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 4:49 am
No way. Wouldn’t want my kids on the main floor when I can’t hear them.
Plus late night activity would wake them up.

amother
Petunia

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 4:57 am
Iymnok wrote:
Many split level homes have bedrooms downstairs.
Kids on the main floor could be woken by any late night activity or guests.

The same applies to most israeli apartments which are all on one level. The adults learn to be quiet in the evenings, and the children learn to sleep through it.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 5:08 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
The same applies to most israeli apartments which are all on one level. The adults learn to be quiet in the evenings, and the children learn to sleep through it.

I'm asking more for safety reasons.

Tovahs

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 5:33 am
I have a baby room on my floor, but kids bedroom is upstairs. I have a baby monitor plugged in, and keep all doors open, so I can hear what's going on. I'm not sure if I would keep my kids on main floor though. Not sure why, but I have a certain security knowing that they're upstairs and further away from the front door.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm asking more for safety reasons.

I'd have only older kids sleep on a different level than me.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:31 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I'd have only older kids sleep on a different level than me.

Was also thinking about older kids. But how old is older?

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 8:59 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Was also thinking about older kids. But how old is older?

From around age 12-13.

amother
Crystal

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 9:55 am
We have the Master + 1 bedroom on the first floor and other 2 bedrooms on second floor (classic cape cod style house). We have no problem with the kids on a separate floor from us, but I would be hesitant to have it flipped with the kids downstairs and us upstairs. From a safety perspective, if there was chas v'shalom a break-in, I feel more comfortable with the kids being sheltered upstairs and the adults within earshot of the main floor.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:50 am
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
We have the Master + 1 bedroom on the first floor and other 2 bedrooms on second floor (classic cape cod style house). We have no problem with the kids on a separate floor from us, but I would be hesitant to have it flipped with the kids downstairs and us upstairs. From a safety perspective, if there was chas v'shalom a break-in, I feel more comfortable with the kids being sheltered upstairs and the adults within earshot of the main floor.

Right. That makes sense. We will be moving to a hi ranch. None of my kids are ok with sleeping downstairs. Hope we can fit everyone upstairs (master + 2 bedrooms) till they get used to it.

amother
Sand

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:59 am
We have 3 floors. Master + 1 bed on top floor, 4 bedrooms middle floor. All kids apart from baby sleep on middle floor, oldest was 12 when we moved here. It's been fine. But also it's an open style staircase and I can hear everything even down to the ground floor from my room. If it was a closed off staircase then I'm not sure I'd be so comfortable
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating