Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Attn those who work in frum places
Previous  1  2

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 9:18 am
TravelHearter wrote:
Do you get paid for yom tov? Erev? Chol hamoed? Maternity?
Is it your full salary? Minimum wage instead of regular wage? No salary?
What kind of vacation/sick days do you get?

I’m not talking about those in education. I’m also not talking about those in large established corporations.
I’m talking more of a small, young business/company/organization

Paid for YT.
No pay for erev or chol hamoed (can use paid time off days).
No pay for maternity but job is held for up to 4 months per NY laws. They offer an insurance plan you can pay into for maternity payments.
Wage commensurate with experience.
2.5 weeks paid vacation/sick day combination.

amother
Peru

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 9:19 am
I don’t get it then. For those of you who don’t get paid for maternity leave and don’t get disability insurance, what do you do? Unless missing 1.5 months of work doesn’t affect you financially? Most people I know need that money

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 9:21 am
I get paid per hour I work. Period.

I never really brought up holiday pay, or yt. I really should, my boss is really kind and easygoing BH, when I asked for a very high raise, he said no problem and continued on to the next conversation as if nothing ....

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:04 am
I get paid hourly. We are closed YT and Chol Hamoed and only get paid for hours worked.

After birth we get 6 weeks state disability, and then paid family leave (8-12 weeks depending on the law).

vintagebknyc

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:26 am
TravelHearter wrote:
Do you get paid for yom tov? Erev? Chol hamoed? Maternity?
Is it your full salary? Minimum wage instead of regular wage? No salary?
What kind of vacation/sick days do you get?

I’m not talking about those in education. I’m also not talking about those in large established corporations.
I’m talking more of a small, young business/company/organization

I applied (and interviewed) for a job at Adorama. All Yom tov, chol hamoed, 2 weeks maternity then FMLA, a low-ish salary for the job, 10 days PTO for sick/vaca/personal. (Meaning people worked Thanksgiving, New Year's Day, etc.)

amother
Hyacinth

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:32 am
I work in a Pre School and get paid by the month. We get off Erev Y"T and sometimes on legal holidays all the parents pick up early so then we can leave early. Most of the time not because the parents are to busy enjoying their free time.

gibberish

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 10:52 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
I don’t get it then. For those of you who don’t get paid for maternity leave and don’t get disability insurance, what do you do? Unless missing 1.5 months of work doesn’t affect you financially? Most people I know need that money

You save up in advance....
Plus deductible for mom and baby for birth can be another $6k
Having children costs money

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 11:17 am
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
I don't know anyone who gets fully paid maternity leave!

I live in Ohio where laws are different. No such thing as qualifying for disability after having a baby. You can take FMLA but that doesn't get you any income- you just don't lose your job. Hurray.

We complain about these high NY taxes but this is the payoff (obviously it pays for all sorts of things but this is one of them).

amother
Snapdragon

Post Fri, Jun 11 2021, 2:32 pm
amother [ Peru ] wrote:

I need the money. Of course I need the money. More than you know. What do you expect me to do, rob a bank? That's not an option. I go into pregnancy knowing there is no paycheck for 2 months.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics